Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

Single Treble Rig

<< < (3/9) > >>

RyanW:
I use a #2 treble attached to a 6”-12” steel leader (black) tied to 30#-50# Mason spooled on an HT original polar. I like to use 6”+ live shiners and haven’t had any issues catching pike of all sizes. The treble is always in the corner of the mouth.

ActiveTrapChecker:

--- Quote from: RyanW on Dec 14, 2017, 01:17 AM ---I use a #2 treble attached to a 6”-12” steel leader (black) tied to 30#-50# Mason spooled on an HT original polar. I like to use 6”+ live shiners and haven’t had any issues catching pike of all sizes. The treble is always in the corner of the mouth.

--- End quote ---

how do the shiners act with the treble in the corner of the mouth? I generally hook them in front of the dorsal fin

pmaloney86:

--- Quote from: ActiveTrapChecker on Dec 13, 2017, 08:21 PM ---30#. Anything more and I have trouble tying it to a swivel and hook

--- End quote ---

I'd suggest going to at least 50#.  It is more difficult to tie the knots but you can cinch them down with some spit and finger nails.  If you use anything less than 50# I'd suggest with just going with steel.

Redneck2323:

--- Quote from: ActiveTrapChecker on Dec 14, 2017, 08:02 AM ---how do the shiners act with the treble in the corner of the mouth? I generally hook them in front of the dorsal fin

--- End quote ---

I am assuming the pike are hooked in the corner of the mouth. I could be wrong though.

ActiveTrapChecker:

--- Quote from: Redneck2323 on Dec 14, 2017, 08:22 AM ---I am assuming the pike are hooked in the corner of the mouth. I could be wrong though.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, my apologies for originally mis-reading it. that's what happens when you try reading without adequate caffeine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version