Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Cooking crappie

<< < (5/6) > >>

PikeKing23:
Throw some (a lot) kosher salt in that overnight water bath and now you've got something!   ;)

bearnoob:

--- Quote from: captain54 on Feb 22, 2019, 06:10 AM ---Been doing the healthier methods this winter. Pre heat over to 400 degrees. Dip fillets in egg wash then into crumbs of your choice. I brush a coating of olive oil on a cookie sheet. Lay breaded fillets on cookie sheet cook 5-6 minutes and flip them for 5 more minutes....done Taco time... tomatoes,avocado,onion,sour cheese hot sauce cheese or whatever else is in the fridge. I've been eating a lot of soft tacos,so many combos... so good easy clean up compared to the deep fryer.lol

--- End quote ---

If not going above 420F, skip the oil in the pan and put down parchment paper. It crisps up the coating better. My wife's trick that has really upped my baked fish game.

Ice_Fly_Guy:
I dry my fillets with paper towels, dip in a egg/milk wash, and cover in corn meal with spices that I've added.  I prefer corn meal since it makes a nice, thin coat assuring a crunchy finish.

Uppervalley Kid:
1:1:1 cornmeal:flour:cornstarch. Season the flour with old bay and release the fillets into lake crisco @350 degrees F. Cook until golden brown

Rebelss:
I like dipping in milk, adding some light seasoning to Panko, roll 'em in that,  then into the oiled fry pan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version