Author Topic: Ice Fishing in the Kootenays!  (Read 1715 times)

Offline BCAngler1

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing in the Kootenays!
« on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Hey guys! Was thinking on heading to wasa for some sunfish and bass tomorrow, Cranbrook has really good ice while here in Creston, duck lake is kinda mushy now. Does anyone or can anyone tell me how wasa fishes in the winter? I fished for the bass and pulled some decent sunfish out of there this last summer one day around the docks, but not sure if it has a definitive weed line. Thanks guys!!

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing in the Kootenays!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2016, 02:41 PM »
Not a lot of members in this site that fish the kootenay hardwater. I heard another side by side went through suzanne the other day so the ice is still crappy in the east. On a side note the fishing regulations for the kootenays say that theres a 20 limit on brookies in north star lake but i have never even seen one of those pulled out of there before only rainbows??? anybody confirm that there is in fact brook trout in that lake???
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline BCAngler1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing in the Kootenays!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2016, 02:20 AM »
Ice was good on wasa 10-12 inches when I went. Just a bit of water slush on top. MAnaged to pick up some dandy sunfish though!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.