IceShanty Main > Custom Jigs & Spins

Tungsten jigs?

(1/2) > >>

puddy:
Any plans on offering your other jigs in tungsten like the Ratso, Ratfinke, shrimpo, or any of the other jigs. I like the vertical hanging jigs but nobody makes them in tungsten.  Thanks for the great products I really like the slender spoon, chekai and majmun.

Kevin23:
Try putting a finesse plastic (ratso body) on a big majmun. Works great and falls like a rock.

MN Bassfisher:

Loving the Chekai jig. I had iced a ton of Crappies and Gills with it. I hooked into something LARGE on Friday on my Panfish rod. Finally got it up to the hole and the hook broke right where it meets the Tungsten - good thing I bought a bunch of them.

Bigassbassman:

--- Quote from: MN Bassfisher on Dec 02, 2014, 10:38 AM ---
Loving the Chekai jig. I had iced a ton of Crappies and Gills with it. I hooked into something LARGE on Friday on my Panfish rod. Finally got it up to the hole and the hook broke right where it meets the Tungsten - good thing I bought a bunch of them.

--- End quote ---
What size were you using?  I might have to give those a try.  Might work well for bass too...

MN Bassfisher:

--- Quote from: Bigassbassman on Dec 03, 2014, 05:52 PM ---What size were you using?  I might have to give those a try.  Might work well for bass too...
--- End quote ---

Bass love them Nate. I usually use the 4mm (hook size 14) or 4.5mm (hook size 12) sizes. I usually tip them with one of their Finesse Plastics and toss on a waxworm/few eurolarvae.

Here is a video CJ&S actually put out about using finesse tactics for Bass through the ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTAgeuqn494

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version