Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Any fish in Goose Lake?

(1/3) > >>

U.P. Fisherman:
Has anyone ever ice fished Goose Lake in the Marquette area?  What kind of fish are in there and is the fishing any good?

Icefisher40:
It's the Dead Sea... Has a lot of springs too.. Usually takes a while for it to completely freeze over safe.  If you're ever considering goose lake, just go to gwinn instead... More productive bodies of water... Just my .2

big bobber:
icefisher 40...goose lake used to have huge perch and nice wallys years ago..when the tailing basin at the mine overflowed it went down the goose lake inlet and ruined the whole lake...there may be fish there...but wouldnt waste my time as it is a crap lake!like the above comment...stay out in gwinn!

Icefisher40:
I've heard a ton of stories about "Back in the day.", but recent consensus is that it isn't very good. It's a shame..

DieHardIcer:
 I now a guy that works at the mine and was checking the outlet creek this past spring at night for walleye and there were quite a few every night in there. I believe him as he is a pretty straight shooter and hasn't bullcrapted me yet. I personally haven't fished it in years I have a few wally lame I rather hit. Access can be a pain at goose lake too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version