Author Topic: Ice Fishing trip pics  (Read 2024 times)

Ice Troll

Ice Fishing trip pics
« on: Feb 24, 2004, 09:07 PM »
My big trip could not have been better. The weather was beautiful and conditions were perfect. Hope you enjoy checking out some of the fish I caught as much as I enjoyed catching them. All fish were caught on tipups with live minnows. All these fish were released.

And check out this freaky Laker. The biologist advised that the fish most likely broke his back when he was a fingerling and beat all the odds by surviving in a reservoir that is full of toothy predators

I called him the swimming head and let him go as well since he already survived so much adversity. ;D

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Ice Fishing trip pics
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 11:53 PM »
Alright icetroll I'll say it WOW!!! :o  Nice group of fish!  Where in the west did you catch that mixed bag?  Nice job! -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2004, 03:44 AM »
 Nice pics and fish Icetroll . I see you got the picture posting down pat . This freaky laker you caught is only the second one in my life I've ever seen . The first one I caught myself about four years ago . It was an unusual fight too .
   Congrats again and keep the pics coming .

Ice Troll

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Thanks barleydog. We were fishing in eastern montana. It is great catching such a different variety of fish and we even caught some Ling and Sauger that I did not post pics of.

And thanks again for the advice trapperdirk on posting my pics. You were a great help.

Ice Troll

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2004, 07:33 AM »
Excellent pics Troll!

Man, chat was funny last night ;D  I was howlin'.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.