Author Topic: 1 or 2 person fish trap  (Read 1630 times)

Offline thorzep

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • when i last saw you i was just a learner, but now i am the master
1 or 2 person fish trap
« on: Oct 25, 2006, 03:53 PM »
i was wondering if anyone owns a fish trap scout, guide , or yukon.   and what you like or dislike about them    i have heard that scout is the best at 42 lbs but i a little lacking in room especially since some (not most) of the time i might hav e a friend come along.  but at 80 some lbs i have heard the guide is less sturdy (sled moves) than the 100 some lb yukon price ranges from 250-500.  dont know what to do ..........any help is appriciated
                                                                                                    Thors icefishing stats:  nothing   yet!!!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1 or 2 person fish trap
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2006, 04:26 PM »
There were some issues in past years with the sleds being a little flimsy. I think they addressed those issues for this years models. I've had a fish trap guide for 2 years and never had any problems with it, but I'm under 200 lbs. I bought it for myself and my son, but most of the time I use it by myself. If I was by myself all the time, I'd get the pro. It's plenty big for flasher, heater, rods, bait, and such. Just my 2 cents.
Ken                                          

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2006, 05:55 PM »

I was in the same situation as Bean. I had the Guide because my son would go with me but then he went and discovered girls.  :'(   I sold it and bought the Pro which is roomy and much lighter. I couldn't see dragging all the extra weight for him to go out twice a season. If he goes we use the Jet Sled and sit on buckets.
I loved the Guide and it was comfortable for me and my son. When JigAwhopper joined me it was a little on the tight side. I hope this helps. 
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline tucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2006, 07:18 AM »
I have the guide and usually end up going by myself.  It is a bit tough pulling by hand but it nice and roomy.  I was thinking of getting a pro and just use the guide when i go with someone. 
The extra room in the guide is an issue, i find that i tend to fill up that extra room with stuff which adds more weight.  I got to learn to control myself ;D
in the heart of tax and spend NY

Offline OHice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2006, 08:05 AM »
I have the Pro. what I did was move the seat all the way to the one side. you can get one of those little fold up seats right in beside the other seat. it's a little tight for two adults but it works.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I have the guide and usually end up going by myself.  It is a bit tough pulling by hand but it nice and roomy.  I was thinking of getting a pro and just use the guide when i go with someone. 
The extra room in the guide is an issue, i find that i tend to fill up that extra room with stuff which adds more weight.  I got to learn to control myself ;D
:roflmao: :roflmao: thats the way i am, and with the guide you can remove the extra seat for less wieght and i end up justfilling it up with something else.(but i would never be without my guide) :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.