The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Use your voice.  (Read 1387 times)

Mizayikaa

oldschoolben

Re: Use your voice.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Just wondering what you all think about the smallmouth and what fish and game has proposed?

oldschoolben

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Just wondering what you all think about the smallmouth and what fish and game has proposed?

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2019, 12:54 PM »
I find it odd that they are upset about the bucket biologists stocking the smallies all over the western district but they want to manage them in a manner that would allow for someone to harvest a trophy sized small mouth. Those bigger females will lay a lot of eggs and it won't take long for the populations to take over and become a bigger issue to contend with. I didn't respond much on the proposed changes to the Western District as it is not my back yard and I don't fish over there very often.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I find it odd that they are upset about the bucket biologists stocking the smallies all over the western district but they want to manage them in a manner that would allow for someone to harvest a trophy sized small mouth. Those bigger females will lay a lot of eggs and it won't take long for the populations to take over and become a bigger issue to contend with. I didn't respond much on the proposed changes to the Western District as it is not my back yard and I don't fish over there very often.
   We have a voice and we can fight them on what they want.  I realize alot of fishermen fish for meat , but if they open the spawning closer and 15 a day with no size restrictions  then even the guys that eat the smallmouth  will only be hurting the future of them being able to eat them in the future. We need to let the big ones go

Offline fieds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Small mouth out compete everything!!! Stop their intro or put NO limts on em. They are tasty tho... preface this buy saying in the spring

Offline fieds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2019, 09:14 AM »
I have no idea why every game n fish think they have a golden ass, they are not trout. They are not walleyes. They WILL be the only thing biting.

Offline fieds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2019, 09:27 AM »
I just spent 2 days on vacation fishing a lake fir zander. I caught at least 50 smb.  4 were larger than a creek chub.

Keep them out of non-native waters!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.