Author Topic: Ugly Stik Jiggin Rod?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ugly Stik Jiggin Rod?
« on: Dec 05, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Was wondering who has experience with them and what you think. I always seem to break my jiggin pole by season end and was thinkin of something more durable. Will i be sacrificing sensitivity or anything like that? Any other rods I should look at that are tough? Thanks in advance  :)

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ugly Stik Jiggin Rod?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I've only seen a few of their ice rods, but they seem very nice.  Wish I could find a few of their panfish rods.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline {RPF}Rapala Pike Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "If you can't catch fish, your not using a Rapala"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I bought one a couple months ago, i haven't had a chance to use it yet though. :( But it is a pretty sensitive rod, excpeccialy the light action one. About the reel, it seems fine for panfishing, but i bought a better reel for it to use on pike and walleye.

Offline masp11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I've had one for 3 years , bought it at the end of season at the T.I. BAIT  shop ,it was supposed to be a combo but some one took the reel off . I payed 9$ just for the pole . Very durable have caught everything from 36" Northerns some big 13" and 14" perch and even caught 18" Large mouth on it . I wish they would just sell the rod for a reasonable price and get rid of the cheap real . Ihave seen them at Gander in Cicero and at Bass pro in Auburn . They run about 24$ in both places.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Im glad this thread popped up. I had been thinking about buying one of these for the past few weeks. I have 2 excellent lite and ultra lite rods but I have been looking to pick up the ugly stick for a bit heavier action, sounds like it will do the trick

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:13 PM »
i have no experience with them but i jsut wanted to say that i too break ussually 2-3 rods everyyear but ive been known to carry 10 rods with me on the ice. i ussually buy the HT blue rods or any other rod that is 10 dollars of less because i break them. i couldnt see myself with a $40 st croix rod and then breaking it when i can buy 5 ht blues at $7-8 each.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline {RPF}Rapala Pike Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "If you can't catch fish, your not using a Rapala"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:50 PM »
I've had one for 3 years , bought it at the end of season at the T.I. BAIT  shop ,it was supposed to be a combo but some one took the reel off . I payed 9$ just for the pole .
$9 for the pole, man you sure got a bargain! :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.