Author Topic: underwater camera  (Read 1014 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
underwater camera
« on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:19 PM »
 I had a Cabelas underwater camera that the screen died on me after a year. The problem is the reviews on the cabelas are not good. I was wanting some input on a Marcum. The Vex is nice but I dont know if I want to throw $500 down for a camera. i already have a Humminbrid 345C so I dont need a fishfinder instead of a camera. Just want to see whats going now and how they are reacting to my bait and action.
 Thanks Guys for the info!
  Matt

Offline weyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Did Cabela's make it right with you?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:28 PM »
 That has yet to be determined. I contacted them ten days after my warranty was up. They say I will be covered but i will beleive it when it happens. My problem is it will be another two weeks before I will know and I dont want to lose more time on the ice without it. So thats why I am looking at a new one.
  Matt

Did Cabela's make it right with you?

Offline weyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:49 PM »
That has yet to be determined. I contacted them ten days after my warranty was up. They say I will be covered but i will beleive it when it happens. it.  

I have a Cabelas camera too so was wondering what they said. From my past experience with them, I bet they do make it right, just to bad it will take two weeks. Good Luck

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Marcum rules when it comes to cameras, difference is well worth the extra cash.

Offline surefire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:21 PM »
I looked at all the cameras that cabela's sells and I would say when they give you a choice between replacement or store credit take the credit and buy a MarCum, unfortunately they don't offer the 825SD. the Cabela's camera has poor image quality and as you experienced, poor construction and reliability. the cabelas sales guy was pretty critical of the cabelas camera citing a laundry list of customer complaints. I appreciated his honesty. The AquaVu is a nice unit CRT or LCD, but if you go LCD you need to buy a sun shield because it wont "look" well in daylight; then again if you have a shelter no need to worry about that. For me I choose the MarCum 825sd because it views well in daylight and I can't fish with a shelter, I move too frequently. Hope this helps.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:24 PM »
I want a Marcum just dont know if I can justify paying the money for 1. I just bought a new Humminbrid 345c and a Frabil Trekker 2. I'm thinking if I told my wife I need to spend another $600 she is going to flip!
 Matt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.