Author Topic: ice fishing guides in southern vermont  (Read 974 times)

olgeezer

ice fishing guides in southern vermont
« on: Jan 24, 2004, 08:12 AM »
I am looking for some suggestions about getting a guide to take a couple of real novice guys out ice fishing. These guys are about 40 years old and would like to experiance the ice and be shown how to rig up and catch some fish. If you don't want to post a reply on Iceshanty.com, you could send me an e-mail  ([email protected]).

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re:ice fishing guides in southern vermont
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Mike,
I'd take your friends out, but I'm from northern VT. What part of the state are you talking about? Some folks think Montpelier is southern VT. ;)

olgeezer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Esox,  I work at the Visitor Center in Montpelier. This person called from NYC and wanted to hire a guide for her two sons, but didn't want to fish Lake Champlain (to far north for them). I think she was looking at Lake Dunmore or some other place about that size and south of Montpelier. I didn't know that you were a guide or I would have called you. I gave her the number for Catamount Fishing (Stowe).

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2004, 11:03 AM »
I'm not a guide...I just prostaff for a couple of companies, do seminars, work sporting shows, and oh yeah...fish. ;) I have a lot of equipment and I don't mind taking folks out and showing them the best ways I have learned to do things.

I hope she has good luck with Catamount. I have not heard much about them either way.

Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.