Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Otter XT Cottage question

(1/2) > >>

OHice:
Those who have removed the bench, can you get 2 fold up chairs in it still? Unfortunately I don’t have anywhere close to check these out and get an idea on seating options. I’ve read several comments on guys removing the bench to save on weight….do the benches weigh that much?

Baetis62:
I have a pro xt cottage so I can't really speak to replacing the bench (I like the pro seat) but it would be pretty darn snug fitting 2 guys in there.  It's perfect for me alone but I'm a big guy. You might be able to fit two small tripod chairs in one but I'd feel like a sardine with another person in mine...no matter the seating arrangement. I'm probably just getting old, a little ornery and like my personal space too much.

OHice:
Thanks for the info

hardwater diehard:
What size is the tub/sled ...you should be able to get a Full Back Directors chair in there or a Swivel hunting chair. Either of these would be my recommendation. Most benches have a lot of steel ...that weight adds up quickly.

OHice:
I put a bucket and a small camp chair in to test, it will be tight but doable. Also put quick pins on the bench hinges so I can remove when I’m going solo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version