Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Ice Shanty Plans

(1/31) > >>

Iceshanty:
Hey ice fishing people if you have or know of any full sized shack or portable shanty plans you'd like to share please post them here.

clysdale:
CHEAP!!!        hey Guys Im new here and its great to find people alike,   Now to the point i can help you make a inexpensive shack,  #1   1 large tarp
                                #2   3  8x6 sheets of partical board
                                #3   4 3ft bungee cords
                                #4   4 2x4s 8ft
                                #5   2 2x4s 6ft
                                #6   30 5" nails
  Put all together in U shape with nails and 2x4s, throw the tarp over the roof and the front opening, use the bungee cords to hold down the tarp to the frame and you are out of the elements.      Its cheap and not very portable but it works and believe it or not but in canada here i have seen worse and cheaper.      Hope i could help any body short on doe for a quick shack. keep it fresh   clysdale

HIMO:
I recommend  the fishontario site. I built one using their plans and with a few changes it is a palace on the ice. A little heavy but does the job. cost was around $100.00.

CHRIS*:

--- Quote from: HIMO1123 on Aug 19, 2003, 01:19 PM ---I recommend to the fishontario site. I built one using their plans and with a few changes it is a palace on the ice. A little heavy but does the job. cost was around $100.00.

--- End quote ---

How much does it weight? And how many inches of ice should i wait for till i bring it out on the ice?

Chris :'(

HIMO:
i would say the weight is around 90 lbs. as far as ice thickness that is totally up to you. a good gauge is to see what the locals are doing and take it from there.

HIMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version