Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Anyone Convert a Pop-Up Camper??

(1/3) > >>

Stuckie:
I have an opportunity to get my hands on an older Viking popup camper with a furnace, stove in an 8' box.
I would take off the tent ends but am torn on how to do the conversion... do I build it fixed in the up in the fixed position or make it with fold in sides and ends so the camper top can be lowered while towing.
Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
I searched and didn't find much and online, just a bunch of pictures.
Thanks.

XN:
Build it with the roof in the fixed up position. Anything you make folding is going to be a nightmare to try and seal up all the joints to prevent drafts.

Mancaveburnett:
I was considering doing the same thing two years ago. I factored in all the weight and went with a flip over so I can use it longer in the season. Price of materials are expensive which made buying a flip over that much more appealing.

esox_xtm:
Had a buddy that bought a bombed out 16' travel trailer and modded it. Cut out the back to make a door/ramp for his ATV. He'd trailer to the access, open the door, back out the ATV, hitch the TT to the ATV and head for the lake. Slick dual duty hardside.

ice dawg:
I had one years ago. 2x2 wall studs with roof in full up position. The three burner stove and cabinet under it were kept. I replaced the rv furnace with a propane pencil heater and built bunks out of 2" iron pipe and canvas. They went out of the way against the wall when not being used. It had four holes with 10" PVC pipes between the floor and the ice. It worked great for my son and I for years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version