Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Anybody have any preseason tips for my new hub

<< < (3/3)

latremorej:

--- Quote from: chilly-willy on Aug 29, 2018, 04:04 PM ---All shanty mfg . suggest being set up and open a few hours to days to let the fabric stretch some .. I suggest scotch guarding the seams so you don't get as many leaks in winter.. I never had problems with my shappells just thinking preventive maintanuance here I do it every year the scotch guard..

--- End quote ---

Scotch guard is bad for fabric.  Makes it brittle.  If you take notice to any old furniture where the fuzzy fabric turns smooth that's where the fuzzy party wore,  or broke off.  (If you see this, it's a good chance that the store applied scotchgaurd at customers request... for way to much money btw) 

If you're worried about leaks.. I would suggest silicone.  Either camp dry, or if you're even a little handy, mix up 1 part 100% silicone to 5 parts mineral spirits and brush that on your seams.  After a couple minutes for the spirits to flash off the silicone is left behind. It will probably make the treated area look a little darker.  But it wont hurt the fabric, and it will last WAY longer than camp dry or scotch guard. 

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version