Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Anybody have any preseason tips for my new hub

(1/3) > >>

Baetis62:
My 5 year old Summit blew about a mile across the lake last year before I could get a second stake in.
It got busted up so reluctantly I picked up a 6500 Wide House at the end of last season.  At least I got a good deal on it. Anybody have tips about prepping a new hub?  Seam seal?  Soak it and let it dry and set up on the frame while it’s in the sun? Anything like that? 

chilly-willy:
Scotch guard after leaving open a few day to air out??   

DR.SPECKLER:
My widehouse 6500 is on it 4 year with no leaks yet.i would practice putting it up and down and back in its bag.lol

RyanW:
I got my 5500 WideHouse 7 years ago and I have never done anything to “prep” it. Nothing. Ever. It’s still virtually in new condition, windows and all. I’ve never had to seal anything or soak anything. Great hubs, in my experience. The only thing I can think of is perhaps invest in some better/easier anchors. The anchors that came with mine work just fine but it takes too much to get them started (by hand, if you’re using a drill then don’t worry about it). However, 7 years later, I still use the provided anchors and this season I plan on getting an anchor adapter for my drill.

My 5500 is super easy to setup/takedown and the bag is nice and wide too. I’ve never had any issues there. I start with popping the top. Then I hold the seam where the roof meets the walls on the outside (centered above the pull loop) then pop out the sides. I take it down in reverse. Being that the 6500 is slightly taller and wider, doing the sides first may help then push the top up from inside, unless you have real long arms and can reach the center of the roof from the outside.

chilly-willy:
All shanty mfg . suggest being set up and open a few hours to days to let the fabric stretch some .. I suggest scotch guarding the seams so you don't get as many leaks in winter.. I never had problems with my shappells just thinking preventive maintanuance here I do it every year the scotch guard..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version