Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 429257 times)

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2007, 07:25 AM »
We were between the point west of the island and farmers. This was my first trip there on the ice and I need to go there more. We started just east of the island and only had one guy catch a keeper walleye, 21". It was a blast and those yellows really put up a fight. I don't know how many I lost at the bottom of the hole trying to get them turned up it.

Ed

Glad to hear you guys had a great time  ;)  Let me know when you are ready to go again  8)

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 30, 2007, 07:43 AM »
i am glad  to hear some one had some fun     i am thinking of going back up there later on today    the wife wants go   lol   we went fishing at mains grove last night    got some blue gills and that was it

Offline iowaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 30, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Ed.....fished the same spot today we caught fish at yesterday and only marked one fish!! We went over and turned Gilmore's into swiss cheese and never found nothing there either. I noticed alot of the permanents are leaving Farmers and everywhere else and stacking up north of the Island.

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I'm sure glad we went yesterday. Maybe the pressure is starting to get to them, there were a lot of people out there yesterday!

Ed

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2007, 08:18 PM »
well the big puddle  paid off  today    we had a lot of fun   40 yellows    verry few was small   lots of dink walleyes   we did not have any keepers walleyes  to day  but that was fine    just had a blast  the wife i think is hooked   lol  oh know   no free time for me     any ways   we just tryed some new and it work out for us   my brother was there also he got more than what we did   but i was out to have fun   and the pork chops i cooked was verry good also   

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2007, 06:56 AM »
heading up there in about 30 min.  Going to try NW to N of the island.  Hopefully will get some.  We will be in a black frabill flip over.  It is a new one.  It is comfortable to fish in but a BEAR to pull out on the ice.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Saturday evening we setup NW of the island. Caught alot of walleye, but they were all just a little short. Son had one in the hole that would have been a keeper, but it came unbuttoned and made it back down.  Good luck crappie98

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Started out NW of the Island today in 12 foot of water.  Went out to where some moron decided that since his lantern glass was broke he woudl just leave the whole thing on the ice.  Fished there for about 1 1/2 hours with no luck saw one bluegill on the camera that was it nothing on the vex.  Moved to the west I believe that is farmers bay not sure the old man knows what everything is called.  Drove out there fished for another 2 hours with no bite at all.  Decided to call it a day.

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2008, 01:52 PM »
where  did crappie buster  go did he fall in or is he in jail    lol   

Offline bob32racing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Any fish being caught any where?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:04 PM »
The pressure and weather has been getting to them.  :'( Getting pretty tight lipped they are.  Lotsa dinks to weed thru.  Been struggling with the bottle flu and going through all my minnows on dinks!  may as well be in the slammer......prolly eat better :laugh:

Hopefully when we get this weather stabilized we'll turn them lookers into biters ehhh?

Offline ducky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2008, 04:44 AM »
We'll be up there Saturday morning by the island, hope to see some of you guys.  I'll b in a green eskimo tent, driving a red F150.

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2008, 05:30 AM »
we are head up there  saturday  moring   good to hear crappy buster  again  glade to see that he still fishing  we will be over by farmes  beach   white  ford f-150

Offline tazzzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:32 PM »
    hello  everyone .. I have never been to clear lake .. this is going to be my first time .. like to try to catch
some yellows. if there biting .. i have a map of the lake but not sure where farmers beach is .. I hope for a little advice where to get me started there . I'm from grundy center about an 1 1/2 drive , so I plan to be there late morning ..plan to make it a all day in to the evening
 :tipup:

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Picked up my first lunge "ever" tonight.  Even though he aint a trophy still was fun catching. :laugh:
4lbfireline and chubby darter.  Boy theyre purty :o

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 05, 2008, 02:43 AM »
good job

Offline fishnfool-3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2008, 05:27 AM »
any eyes last night?
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!!! Fish On!!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Yep managed 2 keepers friday night.  Lotsa smalleyes though. :-\

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2008, 11:16 AM »
CB,

Congratulations on your "FIRST"!!! :thumbsup: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frank

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Hey crappiebuster what color of chubby darter are you using? 

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Thanks.......I needed to get one of them sooner or later... :o

Hot Perch #4 chubby darter.

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2008, 07:17 AM »
so did the yellows bit on saturday we was up there at farmes and i only got one   

Offline redman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keep yer stick on the ice
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:20 AM »
 hey crappiebuster nice musky  we fished  from noon till six on sat nw of island no yellows  ??? and 2 little walleyes  :unsure:
 we run into ducky  :) nice meeting ya

redman

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2008, 02:59 PM »
Couldnt keep the smaller walleyes off my lures yesterday.  Managed a 16 with some weird growth on it that got IMMEDIETLY returned but other than that it was slowwwwww.

Offline tazzzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 07, 2008, 03:50 PM »
  sat. I made it to clear lake around noon . when to the west end of the Island didn't have luck. until around 4:30 put on a red hook with a white blade ..live minnow .. then I started to reel in the yellows . 15 most was 10" to 11" I was really thilll my first yellows I have caught.. and one eye just over 16" ..
really got to make another trip some week end ..

Offline wallyhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing better than floppin' fish on the ice!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:58 PM »
Hey crappiebuster, I am planning on traveling up this weekend with a few friends and our sons

will fish Saturday until late and Sunday early morning til about 1 or 2pm.

Please keep us updated on the ice conditions ;D

If it gets bad we will cancel and fish closer to home - wait a bit longer ..... my son is dying to set up the tip-ups for walleye.

Maybe catch a few perch and crappies while we wait on a flag :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:!!!!

U da man....Tight lines!!!
:o

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Ice is still hanging in there.  Theres good ice under that slush so yeh I wouldnt worry about coming up this weekend at all.  Seen many 3/4 tons and 1 tons on the ice yet today.

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #57 on: Jan 07, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Nice picture Crappiebuster and nice Musky too...  :o How big was it?  Bet that was a blast to catch and pull up the hole...

The ice was 12-14 inches at Clear Lake all last week that I fished, so I would not worry other than to make sure your boots are waterproof, for anyone fishing over there the next few days, unless we get cold again.  Bad thing is we'll all be slipping and sliding all over the place when it does cool down again.  Bring your cleats. ;D

Tom

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:37 AM »
Limited out again tonight thats 3 nights in a row.  Had to clean my buddys limit too because he was to hammered to weild a knife :-\.  If you see one oddly placed shack out there thats me.  :laugh:

ONE EXPENSIVE NIGHT >:( AT LEAST I STILL HAVE 9 FINGERS :o AND IT WAS NOT THE JIGGIN HAND! THANKS FOR TAKEN ME TO THE ER CRAPPIEBUSTER :P I AM SURE WE LEFT A NICE BLOOD TRAIL!!! NEXT TIME YOUR CLEANING ALL THE FISH WHEN WHERE TRASHED! NO MORE WILD TURKEY :(

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:39 AM »
NICE MUSKY! GLAD HE DIDNT GET MY REMAINING FINGERS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.