New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032016 times)

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #7740 on: Mar 08, 2022, 11:59 AM »
There isn't anyone out of Chapman or Sylvan Beach on the cameras now. Anyone able to report on how the shore and main sheet have faired through rain and wind? Thanks.
Not many ice reports this time year as it changes too fast. I can say I saw ice to the ramp at SS yesterday before the rain and wind later in the day. Didn't set foot on it just ate a slice in the empty lot.

Offline Db1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7741 on: Mar 08, 2022, 12:17 PM »
My ice season ended last Saturday and had great season on Onieda this year just want to give a big THANKS to the locals Onieda 1 Deadeyes and Reeleyes and the guys at lakeside  for all the reports and ice conditions
             Thanks again

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7742 on: Mar 08, 2022, 12:23 PM »
My ice season ended last Saturday and had great season on Onieda this year just want to give a big THANKS to the locals Onieda 1 Deadeyes and Reeleyes and the guys at lakeside  for all the reports and ice conditions
             Thanks again

X2!! Thank you as well

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7743 on: Mar 08, 2022, 01:25 PM »
Thanks for the pics F & R... pictures are worth a thousand words!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7744 on: Mar 08, 2022, 01:55 PM »
hope to get at least 2 more days tmrw and thurseday,,,im sure theres some hazards out there gas holes open cracks etc.. areas of shore may be sketchy but the main sheet should be ok for next few days,,, but thats just my thoughts use cause this time of year late ice is worse then early ice imo...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7745 on: Mar 08, 2022, 03:10 PM »

I agree Oneida 1 late ice is a little trickier

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7746 on: Mar 08, 2022, 03:24 PM »
I would also like to thank all you local diehards for the reports and observations that you share on here.  Much appreciated!  Think we'll have a chance at some shore fishing soon back here in Rochester.  Till next year. 

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7747 on: Mar 08, 2022, 03:45 PM »
BULLHEADSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  Best part about mud season is mister wiskers getting hungry. I got 4 this past week thru the ice so he's definatly ready for some warm water. I'm looking at tomorrow and hoping once more after that. I think this ice will be gone soon.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7748 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04:04 PM »
fred  cool pictures ...

i'm ready  for  mr whiskers 

Offline sawdust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7749 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04:44 PM »
You to KP for all the reports and banter, LMFAO!   

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7750 on: Mar 08, 2022, 07:49 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the reports and conditions, fish pics and stories, Trapper for his sarcasm and words of wisdom!! 😜

I’m going to put in one more trip on Oneida before I head north for a few trips. Be safe everyone and use a spud if you venture out. 🎣
You to KP for all the reports and banter, LMFAO!   
Thanks sawdust…. I’m usually good for a few reports and a bunch of banter!!!! 😜 my inner guy likes to step in from time to time!!🤣
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7751 on: Mar 08, 2022, 07:59 PM »
Definitely good to talk to everyone on here this season! Had a good time! My gear is ready to be put up. I can’t get on the ice where I’m at on the north shore and don’t really wanna travel around looking for access as the freezer is stocked up. Good luck and stay safe to anyone who ventures out. Still have the snowmobile at the ready to do a little riding incase we get dumped on one more time though 😜
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline orangeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7752 on: Mar 08, 2022, 09:45 PM »
Apps Landing..

Just wanted to give props to the people at Apps. Myself and a couple of friends entered last weekends 2 day walleye tournament and all managed to finish in the money. The tourney was well run and the folks at the bait shop were some great people.

Thank you...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7753 on: Mar 09, 2022, 05:28 AM »
watching the cam  someone just walked out on sylvan beach

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7754 on: Mar 09, 2022, 05:42 AM »

Every year the beach is the last shot

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7755 on: Mar 09, 2022, 05:44 AM »
There were a few people out yesterday off the north shore. My normal access is in rough shape. It will take a little "undercarraige wash" as Fred likes to say.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7756 on: Mar 09, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Bruce your use to a little water skipping 👍
 I only rinsed  mine once this season 😃

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7757 on: Mar 09, 2022, 07:28 AM »
fred  you know  where i'm  fishing  but i  keep a  eye  on the  big  O   nice  perch this  year  and of  course  the  eyes are there to bad  it's  looking  rather  grim ...... 

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7758 on: Mar 09, 2022, 08:37 AM »
Onondaga opened up yesterday. Funny how fast it goes back to being a lake. Beach can be last shot and can be a trap when the wind blows offshore and you float away. If your flasher is acting odd beware hahaha

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7759 on: Mar 09, 2022, 09:49 AM »
Onondaga opened up yesterday. Funny how fast it goes back to being a lake. Beach can be last shot and can be a trap when the wind blows offshore and you float away. If your flasher is acting odd beware hahaha

Ha. Yep! Keep your GPS speed on the display this time of year.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7760 on: Mar 09, 2022, 10:01 AM »
Lol true story boys 😜

Great to run into KP and Josh this morning! We shared some laughs that’s for sure! You might have changed my mind about putting the ice gear up Larry 😈
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7761 on: Mar 09, 2022, 12:05 PM »
I think it was just a few years ago Snagger was the first one to warn fishermen about the ice moving . That was on theEast end. Made a big news event. A few got wet wading in from the 3 ft depth .   
Snagger was a wealth of knowledge for Oneida Lake.  Too bad a couple jealous posters chased him off.   He is still Mr. Oneida Lake to me.   

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7762 on: Mar 09, 2022, 12:11 PM »
I think it was just a few years ago Snagger was the first one to warn fishermen about the ice moving . That was on theEast end. Made a big news event. A few got wet wading in from the 3 ft depth .   
Snagger was a wealth of knowledge for Oneida Lake.  Too bad a couple jealous posters chased him off.   He is still Mr. Oneida Lake to me.   
Sure wish he’d return to the forum!
To heck with the jealous haters

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7763 on: Mar 09, 2022, 12:25 PM »
ok conditions are diffrent all over the lake and  changing daily,, I found that was easy to get on and off however this private and dosnt get all chewed up like public spots,, ice is a foot or better were I was but getting soft auger went threw fairly easy and quick, use caution and good judgement

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7764 on: Mar 09, 2022, 12:27 PM »

100% on the wealth of knowledge.  He does post pretty regular on the diehard page on facebook though, and as always gives great info

Offline jeremywhorf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE CAMPGROUND
« Reply #7765 on: Mar 09, 2022, 06:09 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.
We have decided to stay at Oneida Shores Park because of the ease of having the boat launch right there.
Our only other trip to Oneida Lake we launched from Godfrey's and were pretty successful with jumbo perch and a few keeper eyes drifitng with a jiggin rap.
Any other bait suggestions or depths would be helpful!

Once again,

Thanks for the input!
Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell now
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7766 on: Mar 09, 2022, 06:15 PM »

Bucktail jigs and sonars ,

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #7767 on: Mar 09, 2022, 06:21 PM »
Ditto to Filet and I also drag worm harnesses..tried and true

SeanP

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7768 on: Mar 09, 2022, 06:54 PM »
Lol true story boys 😜

Great to run into KP and Josh this morning! We shared some laughs that’s for sure! You might have changed my mind about putting the ice gear up Larry 😈
Nice talking to you this morning, Snoop!!! I’m still in for that Ford F-ing Ranger ride!!! 😂😂😜😜🤣🤣 Be safe if you venture out!!!🎣
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7769 on: Mar 10, 2022, 09:10 AM »
I ran into Snagger years ago on the ice and he filled me in on Navionics when I was still using a flip phone.  Many years later I finally downloaded the app this year and shake my head at all those years I spent guessing…..great guy and great fisherman, I miss seeing his posts and unique photos on here.
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.