New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032289 times)

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #7140 on: Feb 05, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Anyone know how sleds going out of Verona fared?Im not really experienced with a sled in deep snow and traveling 2 hrs to get there.Last thing I want is a whole day ruined by my inexperience.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7141 on: Feb 05, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Just went for a joyride from lewis pt to verona beach trails. Have to say the lake is brutal, if you ride in trails your in slush. They have a good trail out from verona beach it's slushy and rough but should be froze in the morn.4 degrees right now.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7142 on: Feb 05, 2022, 04:24 PM »

KP their are Richard Craniums every where
 Just a couple of nozzles
When in a slush situation dump the hitch and go with a long rope it will help
 I’ve been there done all that bad stuff but it isn’t fool proof , Temps  will help in the next few day,
  The goon and I had a slush plowing episode last season in the same area as KP
  Only thing that saved me was I had a delivery at my house

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7143 on: Feb 05, 2022, 04:43 PM »
That sounds terrible KP. Crappy people make it all the worse. Hopefully you at least caught some fish.

I took my wheeler this morning and it probably wasn’t smart. Didn’t get stuck but ran 5500 rpm’s the whole way and moved about a mile an hour.

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #7144 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the input.Think I’m going to stay closer to home.Im near Binghamton and we didn’t get too much snow.So I think I’ll hit Whitney point instead.Not a great place to catch fish but I haven’t been out yet this season and I’m chomping at the bit.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7145 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:55 PM »
well sounds like i wasnt the only one that the slush monster tried to eat my sled lol... stayed close to shore this afternoon nothing great few fish not a spot i would normally go but it was close and no slush

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7146 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:01 PM »
Yeah that crap swallowed my sled too off the south shore today. Gotta basically gun it the whole way. Hopefully she locks up a bit. Def seemed like a lot less people for a sat.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline Dawg05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7147 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:16 PM »
It was awful going out the south shore today, lots of slush until you get passed the island.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7148 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:20 PM »
That sounds terrible KP. Crappy people make it all the worse. Hopefully you at least caught some fish.

I took my wheeler this morning and it probably wasn’t smart. Didn’t get stuck but ran 5500 rpm’s the whole way and moved about a mile an hour.
Made a beeline for shore after getting unstuck. I beat up my equipment enough with that run. Caught 3 small fish in the first hour before I wanted to move. I’ll be back to get revenge on those fish!!😈
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7149 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:35 PM »
Those fish will pay another day king perch hahaha. Same story at Godfrey. I seen wheelers snow dogs and sleds all get stuck today…. I was one of them. Group of crazy guys in a side by side got stuck 2-3 time they got back though. I keep 4 or 5 12” 2by4 on my rack when I go out in case I have to drill a hole put 2by4 down hole with my spud and  winch cable attached and pull out. Had to do it today. It’s been a while. 6 keeper perch and tossed couple dinks back. Guess a good whooping every now and again reminds ya the lake is boss. I’m getting drunk tonight and sleeping in tomorrow lmao

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7150 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:52 PM »
Iceman that’s funny, I’m getting drunk tonight because I Couldn’t get out there tonight. I’ll try to give it a shot tomorrow.
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7151 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:11 PM »
Iceman that’s funny, I’m getting drunk tonight because I Couldn’t get out there tonight. I’ll try to give it a shot tomorrow.
im a weekend warrior for the most part unfortunately. I’d rather be fishing again sun up tomorrow but I know when to except defeat and spend the next day licking my wounds lol

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7152 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:15 PM »
i;m having a  st pauli girl myself  ;D

slush sucks

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7153 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:38 PM »
It sure does…… old Milwaukee lights with a shot of sambuca after every couple. That ot to do her

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7154 on: Feb 05, 2022, 08:51 PM »
I only use a sled for ice fishing.So I don’t have much time on them and have never been out there in deep snow.Any advice to keep from burying it?

Going out/in and moving stay on the throttle and when you stop, circle around your spot and stop on your own track.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7155 on: Feb 05, 2022, 08:57 PM »
trails should be frozen in the morning

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7156 on: Feb 05, 2022, 11:10 PM »
trails should be frozen in the morning

Highly doubt it it was 0 here this morning and the bay was still very slushy and sloppy this morning
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7157 on: Feb 06, 2022, 03:19 AM »
 It’s 0* in Cleveland according to my weather map , will take a few days to tighten up so I’ll be fishing else where ,

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7158 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:19 AM »
i broke a  rear brake line in the  truck  :%$#!: this is  going to suck

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7159 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:29 AM »

Yep that sucks

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7160 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:39 AM »
hey thank God they make  duel systems  now days i got home with front brakes  ......

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7161 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:11 AM »
It’s 0* in Cleveland according to my weather map , will take a few days to tighten up so I’ll be fishing else where ,
I agree Freddie… that crust on top can be just as bad as slush only. Breaking that crust layer and battling that slush underneath won’t be epic!!! I’ll wait till next weekend! Be safe everyone!!
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7162 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:19 AM »
Trapper I thought you drove a Flintstone vehicle 😂😂😂 jk
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7163 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:37 AM »

Pm sent

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7164 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:39 AM »
Trapper I thought you drove a Flintstone vehicle 😂😂😂 jk

hey  seriously   i know a  antic shop that has   one i thing  from a  entertainment park sets  in the front of their store  .......i got to get pictures of that................my  truck isn't from the  flintstone era  but close....i'm the one from the  flintstone  era i dated   betty  before barney  ever knew her..............oh and  dino was never allowed to annoy people on the ice either

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7165 on: Feb 06, 2022, 09:30 AM »
i broke a  rear brake line in the  truck  :%$#!: this is  going to suck

Karma😂😂😂😂😂😂
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7166 on: Feb 06, 2022, 11:50 AM »
Just took the 700 out on the lake for a quick rip to see how bad the conditions are. Man is there some serious slush out there as mentioned by others. Had it to the wood a few times so I didn’t get stuck. My sled is heavily studded too. I haven’t fished in 8-9 days. I won’t be out there until this mess improves. Was -6 last night on my way back from hanging out with some buddies at our hunting camp in north Constantia last night and didn’t seem to firm things up out on the lake.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7167 on: Feb 06, 2022, 12:00 PM »
Just took the 700 out on the lake for a quick rip to see how bad the conditions are. Man is there some serious slush out there as mentioned by others. Had it to the wood a few times so I didn’t get stuck. My sled is heavily studded too. I haven’t fished in 8-9 days. I won’t be out there until this mess improves. Was -6 last night on my way back from hanging out with some buddies at our hunting camp in north Constantia last night and didn’t seem to firm things up out on the lake.

And it's not going to that snow is just insulating it we need 3-4 days of 40s and sun melt all that snow and then drop back to sub zero temps

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7168 on: Feb 06, 2022, 12:09 PM »
Yeah I know. Thanks for the reminder
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7169 on: Feb 06, 2022, 12:21 PM »
some of the trails that had numerous passes on them set up but cold didnt touch anything under the snow still slush... like said above warm up is what we need

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.