Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: wanna go fishing with me  (Read 2319 times)

Offline matt_hill_61

• IceShanty Rookie
wanna go fishing with me
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 06:17 PM »
is there anyone who fishes around the north central area that is looking for someone to fish with?   my buddies are always whining about the ice not being safe so i normally go by myself and i normally fish at brushy creek or lake cornelia or morse lake or elm lake hit me back if you are interested

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: wanna go fishing with me
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2006, 03:10 AM »
is there anyone who fishes around the north central area that is looking for someone to fish with?   my buddies are always whining about the ice not being safe so i normally go by myself and i normally fish at brushy creek or lake cornelia or morse lake or elm lake hit me back if you are interested
[/
i try to do alot of fishing my self    i am in latimer    we could go fishing some time quote]

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:52 AM »
I live close to brushy so we could meet there sometime when we get some good ice.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Brittlab maybe Matt could join us on DW this year. This could be a good winter. It was the best soft water 
fishin I've had in years. Drilled holes while on the west docks Sun the ice was about 2" and going fast.

Offline stebrichs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Matt, I'm in the same boat. Wife won't walk on ice and most of my friends don't ice fish. Count me in if you want a fishin buddy. I haven't fished Cornelia or morse thru the ice but i"ll  give it a try. As soon as there is safe ice. Todd H.

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I'm always up for trying some new lakes.  Wife won't go on ice and I can only fish nights during the week but now have weekends free to go. Ice fishin buddies have all moved away, but my new fishing buddy is my 5 yr old granddaughter.  She'll go no matter how cold it is, but I make sure she stays warm in my big blue clam.  Besides Clear Lake, I fish Silver Lake (by Northwood) and Rice Lake for perch. Any weekend would be great to get together..

Tom

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I'm always up for trying some new lakes.  Wife won't go on ice and I can only fish nights during the week but now have weekends free to go. Ice fishin buddies have all moved away, but my new fishing buddy is my 5 yr old granddaughter.  She'll go no matter how cold it is, but I make sure she stays warm in my big blue clam.  Besides Clear Lake, I fish Silver Lake (by Northwood) and Rice Lake for perch. Any weekend would be great to get together..

Tom

Icey Tom...  I too do Clear Lake a bit but I have never fished up at Silver or Rice Lakes.  I have some friends that fish up there all of the time and get perch.  If we get some good ice once again maybe I will see you out and introduce myself...  I have a future ice fishing grandson as he is just a little over a year old and he lives in Nora Springs too!  Maybe in a few more years I will be able to introduce him to the fine sport of ice fishing.   :thumbsup:

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Catchaser, I almost went to DW last Sat but hit Brushy and a pond instead. I finally broke down and bought a aquaview scout II today and I'm anxious to use it on Brushy & DW. I've never fished hard water @ DW before and other than a few spots where I've caught a few crappies in the spring, I don't really know where to start. We need some cold weather :tipup:

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Last year was my first hard water. But I think I can get us on some crappies and eyes. Did best after dark last year. I can't get out without Dad but he's pretty good company. Besides if he thinks we need something he's got it bought. Just come back from his place tonight, had to see the new power auger. He's 74 and aint slowed down much.

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Icey Tom...  I too do Clear Lake a bit but I have never fished up at Silver or Rice Lakes.  I have some friends that fish up there all of the time and get perch.  If we get some good ice once again maybe I will see you out and introduce myself...  I have a future ice fishing grandson as he is just a little over a year old and he lives in Nora Springs too!  Maybe in a few more years I will be able to introduce him to the fine sport of ice fishing.   :thumbsup:

hello Original Iceman.  Forecast not looking good for ice.  Give me a call anytime 749-2286 and we'll hit the ice.

Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.