Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Time to move to Canada?  (Read 4121 times)

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time to move to Canada?
« on: Oct 10, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Im thinking about being a canuck more and more each year.  WARNING..........THIS NEWS IS GRAPHIC IN NATURE,ESPECIALLY TO HARD WATER ANGLERS.........VIEW AT OWN RISK!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14117849/

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Time to move to Canada?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Figured i'd get the ole ice banshee out of the garage and see if she fired up............  Never hurts to be prepared.......

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS.....

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Come on over, we will glady take a few of y ou good ol boys...here are things to remember when crossing over

1) Hockey is Life
2) Leave the Budweiser at the Border, we Canadians like the real stuff
3) Football is on Friday nights not Sunday (CFL...we got bigger balls)
4) everything is labled in french and English, so if you dont understand...turn it over
5) We dont get the cool Superbowl commercials...if we watch the superbowl
6) If you go to a College football game, you may be the only one there
7) We have a Prime Minister not a President...whats the difference? A Prime Minister does not have the money to buy his way into the WhiteHouse.

Did I mention Hockey is life

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2006, 03:02 PM »
#2 bothers me... ;D Other wise I'm OK with the rest . ;)2

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2006, 08:36 PM »
some salt in the wound anyone?? supposed to get down to 16 degrees tonite  :o
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2006, 09:13 PM »
#2 bothers me... ;D Other wise I'm OK with the rest . ;)2

budwiser is swill, I can see why you try to keep it out of your country! bud light tastes like dirty water :sick: ;D

Canadian beer keeps me close to the crapper! :pinch:

I think I will stay in Minnesota and stick with Leinenkugels!

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:45 AM »
"I think I will stay in Minnesota and stick with Leinenkugels!"  Now we're talking!!  I personally like the Honey Weiss beer...  darn good stuff there!

:thumbsup:

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Crappie Buster, question for you...  What kind of ice auger do you have and has it been good for you?  I am looking at purchasing a gas auger this winter and would like to know which ones work good for other people.  I have used another guys ice auger (Jiffy brand) and it didn't run good at all and it was only a year old, so I am not impressed with those at all.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Come on over, we will glady take a few of y ou good ol boys...here are things to remember when crossing over

1) Hockey is Life
2) Leave the Budweiser at the Border, we Canadians like the real stuff
3) Football is on Friday nights not Sunday (CFL...we got bigger balls)
4) everything is labled in french and English, so if you dont understand...turn it over
5) We dont get the cool Superbowl commercials...if we watch the superbowl
6) If you go to a College football game, you may be the only one there
7) We have a Prime Minister not a President...whats the difference? A Prime Minister does not have the money to buy his way into the WhiteHouse.

Did I mention Hockey is life

Icejunky,
You forgot #8... You have to learn the 52 letters in the Canadian alphabet :roflmao:

Crowbait :whistle:

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Nah, you guys would not want to pay our taxes!!!  I would stay where you are if I was you.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2006, 10:26 PM »
I've got a Strikemaster lazer mag ultra 9'.  Has three blades works pretty slick.  Only trouble ive had with it is the recoil snapped inside the case on a -20 night but other than that ive had 4 trouble free years from it.  I like the 9 inch hole though 10 is almost to big and 8 is almost to small.  Makes finding your spot again easy because there aint many 9inch holes drilled.  Only downside is the cost of the blades.  My buddy has a 8 inch strikemaster chipper/single blade model that works well also.  I know people that have jiffys and have had alot of trouble.  Plus that extra loud cackle of them scares the fish off ;).  Anything you buy though is gonna do the job better and save your elbow. 

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2006, 08:09 AM »
I've got a Strikemaster lazer mag ultra 9'.  Has three blades works pretty slick.  Only trouble ive had with it is the recoil snapped inside the case on a -20 night but other than that ive had 4 trouble free years from it.  I like the 9 inch hole though 10 is almost to big and 8 is almost to small.  Makes finding your spot again easy because there aint many 9inch holes drilled.  Only downside is the cost of the blades.  My buddy has a 8 inch strikemaster chipper/single blade model that works well also.  I know people that have jiffys and have had alot of trouble.  Plus that extra loud cackle of them scares the fish off ;).  Anything you buy though is gonna do the job better and save your elbow. 

CrappieBuster - thanks alot for the tips and/or suggestions.  It is greatly appreciated!  It was pretty darn white out this morning!!  That just got me more anxious for the hard water to come!  Good luck with the soon to be hard water fishing!!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Wow......Looks like a 50% chance its going to be a crappy year....

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/images/winter-outlook-2006-2007-temps2.jpg

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 27, 2006, 08:42 AM »
Wow......Looks like a 50% chance its going to be a crappy year....

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/images/winter-outlook-2006-2007-temps2.jpg
Booo!!!   I don't like what thay map is saying for us!!!  Also don't you mean it's going to be crappie year?! :blink:   Sorry I couldn't resist that one.  Hey thanks for the post from Noaa though...

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2006, 02:01 PM »
The thing about these predictions is that it doesn't really matter if it will be warmer than normal, but by how much and when.  It is not a big deal if it is only three or four degrees warmer in the dead of winter because the temperatures will still be below freezing. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.