Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: How much snow on pleasant creek?  (Read 828 times)

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
How much snow on pleasant creek?
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:53 AM »
I know a few guys been hitting palo and im headin out there this afternoon. Just wondering how deep the snow is on the lake or if theres enought trails to make the sled easier to drag? Pulled it thru about 8inches of fluffy stuff the other day and im not doin that again!!! The jet sleds gettin heavy for an old fart!

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: How much snow on pleasant creek?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Build a "Smitty Sled" for it! This "old fart" did.
Mike
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline forecy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Someone had plowed a path out from the main boat ramp with a quad when I was there last Friday evening...I'm guessing it's filled in by now though.

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:48 PM »
The snow was plenty deep!! Fluffy stuff that u cant drag a sled thru. Never knew u could drive a pick up o. Pleasant creek,and beings theres about 2ft of ice......problem solved! Got 2 18" walleyes, a few dinks and half dozen nice stipers in first half hour. Then NOTHING after sun went down

Offline forecy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:51 PM »
How deep were you fishing? I was in almost 40fow last wknd.  Marked some fish suspended and some on the bottom but didn't catch anything.

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2014, 03:46 PM »
One hole I fished was 38ft and the other hole I drilled was 3ft away and was 29ft deep. Caught them all in the deeper water as soon as I started. Soon as it got dark I didnt mark ANYTHING. The walleyes were actually hitting pretty aggressive for this time of year. Used a chubby darter and they came up 3ft off bottom and inhaled it. First time iv ever caught anything on those darters. Tried jigging rap too but only got dinks on that

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Eyeseeker how was the striper size were you catching them on the same stuff you caught your eyes I've always wanted to target them I bet they're a blast through the ice I know the are in open water

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2014, 07:08 AM »
The stripers were hitting about everything I dropped down. They were all bout 14inches. Sum would come up off the bottom like the walleyes and hit it, while others would just show up around the 25ft range. Lift the bait up to them, and BAM!!! If u really wanna have fun with stripers, hit Macbride at first light and hook in to a few of tho se huge wipers. I havnt tried there yet this year, but had fun catching,and releasing them every other year

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Awesome thanks eyeseeker might be up in a few weeks to hit Palo my parents live up there and I haven't ice fished Palo in 3 years its on my to do list every year but our ponds here are hard to walk away from.  We chase em in the boat when there running and throw raps to tjem . Dad burnt his real up last trip they are extreamly fun to catch

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2014, 07:02 PM »
We got pretty good snow today in Marion  ,5-6 inches .  Kid was on Pleasant creek today , skunked, but said there were people driving trucks on it . close to 30 inches of ice .  gonna try in the morning .

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:46 PM »
Hit palo again this afternoon. Fish bit aggressively from 2pm til around 3. Then u could barely get one to show up on the vexilar. Mostly 10 /12inchstripers and half dozen small dink eyes. Seems like theyre cruising the deepwater and taking watever u drop down. After some really good action, youl go hole hopping for hours to find them again. I dont think theyr hard to catxh at all right now. Once u find them, they light up the screen and attack. But then they move. If a guy stays mobile, I think ud b surprised at wat most people call "the dead sea".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.