Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Warmest, nicest day of the week, who's going fishing today??  (Read 842 times)

Offline IceIowa1

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Creek or bust for me today! ;D

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Re: Warmest, nicest day of the week, who's going fishing today??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:01 AM »
I just came off a small pond down here on the south side of des moines. fishing was awesome. too bad I have responsibilities at home or I would still be there.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2013, 01:28 PM »
after fishing for 16 straight days, I decided to sleep in and get Christmas shopping done today - - - i'm guessing it's kinda sloppy out today anyway.... probably wait til Friday to go again.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:43 PM »
after fishing for 16 straight days, I decided to sleep in and get Christmas shopping done today - - - i'm guessing it's kinda sloppy out today anyway.... probably wait til Friday to go again.

I need a job where you work!!

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline IceIowa1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Just got back from BC.  Bust it was.  Moved a lot, drilled 50 plus holes, pulled a lot of fish off the bottom, but couldn't ice one. Although the surface was sloppy and wet, the ice is definitely still growing.  I found a good solid 6 inches most places even close to 7 in some and I drilled from the Williams ramp all the way to 50 yards from the Jetty by Ensign on the East side.  Fished minnows and waxies in 25 to 37 feet of water. Only saw one fish caught.   

Offline tricohatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Went to Ahquabi/ Hooper this morning and the ice wasn't safe for the 2 of us. Packed up and went to Banner and fished until 3 and only marked a couple of fish. A lot of melting on the surface, but there was a lot better ice conditions. Ice was a good 6 inches in 18 ftow. Stay safe out there!

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:57 PM »
one thing about the balmy weather i finally talked my wife into going one time and she lasted an hour and a half so it was a great day we had fish constantly on the marcum but lots of looking not a lot of taking.  we managed 24 to the bucket and just as many dinks sent back to grow 6 1/2'' on the pond with 1/4'' of water from the snow melt.  pretty funny though she was a bit nervous

Offline Plan B

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Saw the forcast earlier this week so took today off work, went to a large pond in SE iowa. Disappointing. The wind was brutal,fish were sticking tight to the bottom but did manage a few crappie and some gills.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.