Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: webster county ice  (Read 4044 times)

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
Re: webster county ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Made it out today and i was wondering if anyone knew why the water is so dirty this year?

The wind perhaps before it locked up.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:24 PM »
The wind perhaps before it locked up.
x2

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:41 PM »
February 18th is the lehigh ice tournament this year.I just read it on duncombe stores web site.also I seen some huts out on that little pond just to the west of the spillway.any info on it.didn't think it was much more than a marsh.

Offline jsdad1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:20 AM »
My guess as far as the water clarity would be run off. We have had quite a few days where things have thawed Just A guess though. I'm curious to know are these crappies decent or are they like 7-9". Caught A ton of them in that range last spring and what about perch? anybody get into them yet?

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Not a single perch this year yet for me, I have never really found them out there.

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:01 PM »
We have been catching crappie anywhere from the 7in to the 11intrees size.the last nice one I caught was 14in and that was on new years last winter.we have caught some perch this year but nothing with size.best place on brush for perch we have found is south of the north ramp along the road that run straight down the lake.in about 25-30fow.caught a few that were about 3/4 of a pound.at ice toury last year there was perch weighted that were over a pound,but I heard they were from somewhere else.

Offline crouch2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Ive only caught one perch this year but have had most luck in previous years by the main ramp west side and south of the east ramp  18 fow

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Has anyone been out to badger lake(Kennidy park) to check the ice.I heard its not very safe.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Any reports from brushy this week?

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Fished Tues/Wed. Caught some nice 'Gills and quite a few small crappie on Tues. Wed we had to keep moving around to find the active fish. Again caught some decent gills, small crappie with dozen or so perch, half were 9-9.5" the rest dinks, one small walleye, and one 3lbs bass.  Fun couple days and nice weather. There are a couple of good year classes of crappie coming up, hopefully people can use some self restraint and the lake will return to its former glory as far as the crappie go. Good luck to all.

Offline jsdad1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:28 PM »
I fished the north end today from like 12 to 130 then had to leave, I came back out and fished the same area for for about an hour and a half before dark. Ended up catching I think about A dozen crappie out of 24 fow between the two outings all but 2 or 3 were well below what I would consider A keeper size fish though. It was fun whether they were big or not very few fish I marked didn't bite I think I'm gonna get up early and try it again in the morning.

Offline crouch2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Great day at brushy today with my son  yesterday was just as good

Offline jsdad1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Thats A nice bunch of fish we caught quite A few crappie today but didn't keep any. This walleye was 24 3/4" also got one crappie that was 12" or so.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:54 AM »
Great lookin fish guys. I'm heading out now I will have a report from all weekend tonight.

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:52 AM »
was out at burshy from 6-9:30 this morning.... had a bunch of 'eyes bum rush my spoon and never commit tried different sizes/colors/baits....caught one 23"er at about 7 on a 1/8 oz macho minnow and a gulp minnow head and one 11" perch on the same thing with a real minnow head...all in all kinda slow morning...musta drilled 50 holes before i marked the first fish.

Offline ed4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Nice looking Walleye!

We fished Thurs, Fri, and Saturday out on the North end. Most of the fish we marked seemed to bite. Not a whole lotta size to most of them so you had to do alot of sorting for the keepers. My favorite thing about Brushy is you Never know what you have on the other end of your line until you bring it up to the hole. One hole we drilled produced a Crappie, Bluegill, Perch, Walleye, and Bass! Had about 4 walleye in the 11-14in range biting off of waxies.  The bite seemed to be best from the morning right up to about 4pm and then they just shut off for us. Was curious if anyone was having any luck after dark? Or if the west boat ramp area is fishable or will be fishable Tuesday morning?

Thursday we weren't as picky as we could have been. Super bowl coming up though! ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Friday we got there at sunup and managed some bigger ones.

Then Saturday we moved around a little more away from all the crowds and found a few more

Offline crouch2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:48 PM »
nice fish the whole lake is fishable been fishing the east ramp had a four wheeler drive by and head south towards the island saturday hope this helps

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:37 PM »
This weekend was very good. We fished a few areas and found nice fish in all of them.20 to 35 ft has been good with lots of drilling until you really find them.

Offline ed4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Anyone else plan on giving Brushy a try tomorrow?

Offline dreed2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Could anyone give us an update on the ice conditions? Thinking about heading over on Sunday if ice is still safe on the north side.

Offline fishunlimited(fu)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:19 PM »
was out there today on anywhere from 4to 7 inches at the north end. it is a day bite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.