Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: webster county ice  (Read 4043 times)

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
webster county ice
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:41 AM »
I am going to check ice at a few spots in Webster county today for any kinds of safe ice. Bodies of water on my list are Kennedy lake, moorland pond, and numerous spots and bays at brushy. I will report back tonight with conditions and report if I fish anywhere.

Offline newtoicefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: webster county ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »
THe wind really messed Kennedy up last week just checked it yesterday and had alot of open spots.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Lots of sketchy ice yesterday let's hope it stiffens up a bit this week.

Offline orangefeetdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Brushy creek going to be fishable bye this weekend???

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:52 PM »
13 huts on north end of brushy...RIGHT NOW...3-4 inches of good ice.

Offline ripNlips83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:51 AM »
bassrat, u do any good at brushy yesterday?

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:15 PM »
just drove by....probably hit it tomorrow.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:11 PM »
Bassrat, have u ever had much luck ice fishing at brushy after dark? I work during the day but am looking to get out there a little more than just the weekends.

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Bassrat, did u make it out today to brushy?how's the ice.we are going to hit it tonight.wounding if the wind was eating it up.adam we r going to be out to the north ramp around 6pmthe if u want to meet up.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:33 PM »
I plan on heading out there after work today. Bringing some minnows maybe get some crappie or eyes after dark

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:07 PM »
I can find the crappies. But you'll need to let me know where the eye are!!haven't found any worth keeping out there in awhile. We will be in a green eskemo pro lodge.stop by.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Lol I wish I knew where the eyes were too. I can always hope I guess Haha. I will have a frabil trekker 2. And just plan on heading out from the north ramp in that first group of trees.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:31 PM »
found 4-5" on north end today. maybe 1/4 of the way to Raymond's tree.. slow bite for the guys i spoke with.. west side had no less than 6".. drilled 35 or so holes out to about 25 yards from the first row of trees to the east.. still had 6" when I stopped drilling. plan on fishing out there the next 4 days

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline hawkfan24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Britt, where were ya on the west side?  down from the horse campground or farther north? is it iffy on the east side by the boat ramp?  i'm thinking about heading up friday afternoon, but with the snow forecasted for friday morning might be hard to tell on conditions.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Just left north end fished from six to nine and got 1 crappie.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Britt, where were ya on the west side?  down from the horse campground or farther north? is it iffy on the east side by the boat ramp?  i'm thinking about heading up friday afternoon, but with the snow forecasted for friday morning might be hard to tell on conditions.

just off the west ramp

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:03 PM »
Adam, that was me that asked u if u had if luck when u were leaving.we got there at 6:30 and a few guys leaving told us the bite was really slow.I think I drilled about 40the holes.didn't see any fish,got one cappie witch was on the bottom.didn't even know it was on.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Oh ya, the crappie I caught came off the bottom too. Pretty slow night hoping to redeem myself this weekend. U going out sat or sun?

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:06 PM »
Hope to.all the fishing I've done out there I have learned the best bite is normally from 6:30-8am.then it can be slow most of the day unless you get on some gills or perch.I think we will head out early Saturday to check ice out further out in the lake.

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Any ice on the south side by the Island? Wonder if anyone is out in the back bays. Is the bay by the Island boat ramp frozen? Maybe head over this weekend depending on how much snow we get. Good luck everyone and be safe.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:57 PM »
north end packed on an inch or  so over night. everywhere I fished today was 6" but didn't venture out to far.. may check west side in the am.. bout 8 shacks out  today

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Went out tonight to test some spots.ice south and around back of taylors is at least 7in every where I dilled.there was someone with a wheeled house out around back.he said it was 6in to the east.campground ramp has about 8".I went out the the first tree line east and its was still 8".walked down the trail to the campground point about 7" there too.walked out about 100yds and it was about 6".

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Should be good to go sat. Morning can't come soon enough.

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:59 PM »
We will be on the ice and set up by 6:15am Saturday.out from the point at campground.I am looking for a 2old person flip over.if anyone has one for sale or trade let me know.I have a 8" gas Eskimo auger.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2012, 07:38 AM »
Heading out in front of the island we will see how the ice is over here. If safe today could be a good day.

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2012, 09:04 AM »
adam, how's the ice in front of the island? Good luck.

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Got 15 crappie from 7:30 try 11.slow after that.picked up a few more until 12:30 so we headed home.ice was at least 8" everywhere we drilled,but the snow is going to slow down the growth of the ice. All the fish are so much smaller than we were catching a few year ago.water is pretty dirty to

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2012, 07:27 PM »
The ice in front of the island was safe. We found four to six inches it varies a bit down that way. We had some sno mobiles come close to us today to ask us ice thickness. We mentioned to them it was not that thick and to please stay clear of us. They finally took off away and the ice was bouncing and cracking big time. I'm glad they didn't go for a swim and I absolutely would not advise sno mobile traffic in front of the island until the ice gets thicker. Fishing was weird today me and my buddy talked all day how tough and slow we thought it was but the quality was good so in the end we had quite a few keepers. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Not sure what part of the lake I'm going to fish but I should have an update tomorrow.

Offline adam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Made it out again today and the catching picked up a little bit and the quality was still there. I didn't get out til 9 later than I planned. Seems like anymore after a full day on the ice I wake up and it feels like I played a football game the night before lol. The snow on the ice was melting a little and what snow was there was really heavy and slushy. Be safe out there this week everyone. I almost forgot the highlight of the day was little brother icing a 3 pound bass.

Offline eyeowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Made it out today and i was wondering if anyone knew why the water is so dirty this year?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.