Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: It's here!  (Read 3943 times)

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: It's here!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 24, 2010, 04:24 PM »
rumor has it elm locked up yesterday....and i was on the nice perch there last week!!!!  might have to check em' out while everyone else is shopping friday morning.   ;)

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Let us know when theres 3 inches bassrat, and you will have plenty of company.  Im so stoked right now, Id fish for 4 inch gills if I could find safe ice.

Offline Perkeyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 24, 2010, 07:29 PM »
At 6'6'' and 375 give or take. Here in South West Iowa I'm not gonna be the first one out, but hoping for ice after second season shotgun.  Perkeyone

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Negative on Blue Pit that usually takes awhile to lockup its even a week or 2 behind Clear Lake.  The waterfowl and springs in it keep it open awhile longer.  The pits I am gonna fish are super secret and off the map to most fisherman. Have 4 on my list already.

Ill offer guided trips for 4 inch gills and snake gators this saturday and sunday only for the low low price of 2000$ per fisherman. And if you act now i'll throw in a free schoole rod and reel. Ya just gotta sign a waiver.:)

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Hate to double post but yeh im giddy like a lil school girl.  The little lake is 75% iced over walked out a ways to prolly about the 10ft mark.  Found 2 inches of ice but theres still a few open areas they should close up tonight even with this wind.  Saturday its on like donkey kong! :o

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 25, 2010, 03:28 PM »
HAHA no ones here to judge ya brother!!! Tight LINES YYEEEEHHHAAA!!!
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline walleyewinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 25, 2010, 04:33 PM »
just looked at the lake i live by!!! in the bays, 2" of ice!!! but it is probly gone by now......    :'(
oh well, guess that means the lake should be good by early to mid december!!!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 25, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Went to the little lake to fish the bull rushes at night them 40mph winds blew all the ice off there and stacked it up on the shore :(

So I went with plan B and hit a few pits South East of town and coaxed a few largies into biting.  Caught a nice one prolly about 15 and went to get the camera out she went down the hole.  It is now here! For sure!
2 days ahead of schedule also :o

Offline w@lleye_rookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 25, 2010, 07:15 PM »
rumor has it elm locked up yesterday....and i was on the nice perch there last week!!!!  might have to check em' out while everyone else is shopping friday morning.   ;)
Bassrat, I think I am going to stop by and check out Elm in the morning, too. If I see you on the ice then I know it will be safe. Otherwise I am not that brave, there is that spring there that never freezes! But I wouldn't mind meeting you sometime for some ice fishing, I live between Clarion and Webster City. I am planning on fishing Morse, Elm, Cornelia, and Brushy this winter.

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Post what you find for ice please.  Ill be at home with my daughter while the wife faces the masses at the mall.  But if its got 3 inches by tomorrow afternoon, im game!

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #40 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:55 PM »
If you hear anything Nick let me know.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2010, 12:26 AM »
i got roped into shopping....it'll be sunday prolly fer me.  :-\

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Elm had 3 inches.  Only 2 dink perch.

Offline w@lleye_rookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Fished Elm til 6:30 tonight, caught about 20 perch, mostly dinks but kept a few in the 9"-10" range. They really started hitting around 4:30-5:00. Not great, but fun to get out on the ice. The weather doesn't sound too good for ice formation this weekend, though. :(

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
« Reply #44 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:16 AM »
checked a pound on the farm I'm bow hunting on my way out this morning.  I went out about 20yards and made a hole was a good two inches. Have to hurry up and finish deer hunting pounds are going to be good before long if the weather holds.

Offline nute7810

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • OFFICIAL LURKER.....of the Bikini Ice Fishing Team
« Reply #45 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I went out to a 1 acre pond and poked thru 2", Just a tease, 40 and 45 and windy next couple days gonna wipe it out I'm afraid. Maybe after first shotgun season.

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
« Reply #46 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:25 AM »
I hope it don't kill it to bad would like to get some good ice before we get hammered with a bunch of  snow.

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Nov 27, 2010, 01:30 PM »
what is the ice looking like up on Spirit?  I will be home on the 22nd of December till the 2nd of Jan and my dad, godfather and I get out one of those days.  Are things looking like we will be able too?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Couldnt keep the 6-7 inch gills off my line.  They were borderline to fillet.  Caught some crappies and some decent sized largies off the chubby darter.  And caught this.  Ya gotta love early ice sunsets. :)

Think I better reset my camera date also. :o

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:09 PM »
went out to a local pit today ice was 2" to 3" didnt have much time no fish and to top it off the local bait shop was out of waxies  >:( >:( >:( so i used minnow heads thought maybe could catch some perch or crappie but no dice marked a few but none on the ice hope the warm weather holds off am pretty pumped to get on ice and have more time and bait
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline Long Point Slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Ice ,ice,ice can we please have some ice
'If you fish it, they will come.....'

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:31 PM »
nick...if i may ask, where'd ya find 3" at....i might try tomorrow, also...did ya happen to check morse?  weekend of fishing turned into weekend in SW ia at the familie's house....

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Going to head out tomorrow to check the ice.  Might have to bring the rod with just in case. 

That picture is amazing.  If you don't mind I think I just found myself a new background
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2010, 08:44 PM »
sweet pic crappiebuster!!  I will be hitting Spirit and West O in 4 days.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2010, 08:49 PM »
nick...if i may ask, where'd ya find 3" at....i might try tomorrow, also...did ya happen to check morse?  weekend of fishing turned into weekend in SW ia at the familie's house....

North end of Elm.  2 shacks out there too.   Didnt make it to Morse.  Corny wasnt safe yet but we poked a couple holes by the dock and fed the mink a white bass or two.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.