Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: ice fishing tournament??  (Read 1295 times)

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice fishing tournament??
« on: Nov 13, 2010, 09:19 PM »
 last year my family went through hell.  my son was diagnosed with bone cancer we removed a section of his leg and a double lung operation and he is now cancer free.  anyway he loves fishing and i was thinking about starting a yearly ice fishing tournament in his behalf or for cancer children in general was wandering how to go about it not sure if i can just advertise a fishing tournament without permits or whatever.  any help would be apprieciated thanks
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice fishing tournament??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Not sure on ice tourneys but I help run an open waer tourney series and we have to submit our requests for lakes and dates to the DNR starting in Jan, of course with a fee.

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Not sure on ice tourneys but I help run an open waer tourney series and we have to submit our requests for lakes and dates to the DNR starting in Jan, of course with a fee.
well thats a start i will contact my local dnr officer and go from there thanks

Offline 0U812

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2010, 01:04 PM »
last year my family went through hell.  my son was diagnosed with bone cancer we removed a section of his leg and a double lung operation and he is now cancer free.  anyway he loves fishing and i was thinking about starting a yearly ice fishing tournament in his behalf or for cancer children in general was wandering how to go about it not sure if i can just advertise a fishing tournament without permits or whatever.  any help would be apprieciated thanks

Great news about your son TTL.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline icerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If your bobbers gone put on another one
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Great news about you son, I do know there is a tournament in Jan, on Robets Creek. Its right by Red Rock lake by Knoxvill and Pella Iowa.  It was there first year last year and they said it will be annual. They guy that put it on is Chris Goerdt his phone number is 641-691-7149.  his email is [email protected]

Give him a call or email I am sure he can give you some advise. Hope this helps.  Good luck. If you get a tourny set up p.m. me or let me know somehow and I will be there.

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:15 PM »
well that's a start i will contact my local dnr officer and go from there thanks

Let me know what u find out. If I dint have to work that day I'm in. Best wishes to you and your family and most of all for you son. Hope he has a great recovery.

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I'm absolutely in, if you can get something put together.  I'm originally from Algona but moved 25 miles away.  My fishing buddies still live in Algona so i know i could get about 20 more entries for you if you'd like!! :tipup: ;)
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2010, 10:16 PM »
thats awesome ganna try to get something going not sure if it will be able to happen this year not sure how much red tape i gatta go through yet but its ganna happen will keep everyone posted thanks for all the help tight lines fellas :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.