Author Topic: Glo Cup  (Read 19998 times)

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glo Cup
« on: Oct 04, 2016, 09:16 PM »
was wanting to get my grubby little hands on a glo cup or 2 and i am having some trouble locating them.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Glo Cup
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2016, 10:29 PM »

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2016, 12:48 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

We have a winner for the number one "Most Informative Post of 2016".

Congratulations.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:37 AM »
there was a guy on the site that was making some cool ones on a 3d printer. I can't find the thread for that one though. Maybe he'll chime in sometime. I made one pretty easy though. As 3300 posted, get a uv light strip and glue it to the inside of a cup. Pretty easy. I used one of those cigarette butt cups you can buy at the dollar stores. I drilled out the top hole a little bigger so my jig doesn't get caught, added a uv light strip and a toggle switch. After getting the stuff it took me about an hour to put it all together and that was because I had to wait for the glue to dry. I'm pretty sure you can get light strips with self adhesive backing on it which is the way to go if you can find it.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:57 AM »
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2016, 07:31 AM »
I bought a couple from him.  Great product. He has a facebook page Ice Jager Customs. Send him a message on there he'll get right back to you

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2016, 07:37 AM »
I've never seen this idea. I think I may agree with Gator, this is a great idea.

Here's the link to the page..
https://m.facebook.com/Ice-Jäger-Custom-Icefishing-Equipment-644034309036127/?refid=13

Here a video of the product...
http://youtu.be/6gH1RL_djmg

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Maybe it's just me but he's pretty hard to get ahold of - Sent him an email, he replied verifying my address for PayPal and that's the last I've heard from him. Which is too bad - because I really like the product.

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Maybe it's just me but he's pretty hard to get ahold of - Sent him an email, he replied verifying my address for PayPal and that's the last I've heard from him. Which is too bad - because I really like the product.

I got a hold of him through his Facebook page.  He was quick to respond. He did mention that he doesn't check this site much during the summer.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2016, 11:36 AM »
you might want a second one when you see how good they are            Fantastic Build

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2016, 12:10 PM »
He mentioned that he is traveling this week, so it will be a week before he can get back to folks.  He was responding pretty quick to inquiries though.

Anyone know what he charges for the cups?  Pretty cool setup.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Yes I'm still selling them. The cost is 18$ and 6.95$ priority mail shipping. I would send a PayPal invoice to this or whatever other email address you wanted.

You're talking the mount for the pro/ultra pack?

Thanks,
Ice Jäger Custom Icefishing Equipment

That's what I was told via email.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:52 PM »
So does anyone have his email? I wouldn't mind picking up one, but don't have face book and refuse to do face book.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:00 PM »
i too don't do facebook and had a friend contact him and he said he had been traveling as someone said earlier.  i too would like his e mail to contact him. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:08 PM »
Since we're talking about glow cups, if anyone wants a lure lightning let me know. I tried one of those POS and it's the most impractical thing to use.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:11 PM »
[email protected]
His name is Josh.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:17 PM »

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:55 PM »
You don't have to join Facebook, like Facebook or anything Facebook. But you can still go to his page and see his pictures and videos. You don't need to join anything to see what he's doing.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 2016, 10:05 PM »
You don't have to join Facebook, like Facebook or anything Facebook. But you can still go to his page and see his pictures and videos. You don't need to join anything to see what he's doing.

Yes, but you can't message him on Facebook unless you have face book. Hence why I asked for the email. Cup looks nice. Does anyone know if he makes a "deeper" cup? Looked like the one in the video was fairly shallow.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 09, 2016, 07:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I had 2 people PM me about this cup.

Yes it is homemade. here is a list of stuff you need to make it.

1. Small strip of LED lights ( can get off eBay)
2. Plastic cup that fits in vex cup holder
3. Vexilar cup holder
4. Ends to plug onto or into your battery

Take and notice the vex cup has a hole in the bottom already. Place the cup in and drill the hole in the bottom of the cup to match up with the vexilar cup holder hole.

Cut the cup off level with the cup holder, or to the height/depth of cup so you can "dip" the largest size lure you will use and be able to submerse it in the lighted area of cup. For me level with the vex cup holder allowed me to dip my glow spoons for walleye completely.

Once you have it cut to size wrap the LED strip inside the cup and run the wire for it out of the bottom.

Once you've ran/wrapped the LED lights in the cup cut the wires to desired length put on the ends/plug for your battery power. I put a plug on that plugs into where the flex light on my FL20 plugs into for power.

Little black tape to hold the wires and your good to go.

One thing another member commented on was that he put a 2nd clear plastic cup inside the glow cup so that when he dipped his glow spoon the water wouldn't drip on the lights & it would also keep the hooks from the spoon hooking onto the LED light strip. Also some members had commented on using LED lights with a specific wavelength or something. Not sure what I have for LEDs on that but they seem to work just fine.

I've used the cup and it works really good.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2016, 05:51 AM »
I got the same one made by Ice Jager. Used it on my trip to VT and it works GREAT! Check the vid below, and the immediate results after charging for just a few seconds..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWTs2NXQzAo
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Has anyone heard anything from the maker of GloCup?  I did the facebook message and email last week, but haven't gotten any response. 

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2016, 10:52 AM »
Notta thing here, I'm thinking of making one myself I guess, I've got some time yet - but I'm an impatient person. :)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 2016, 01:01 PM »
that'll work. Get that, a plastic cup and some clips for the battery and you're good to go.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 11, 2016, 05:16 PM »
Would this be the proper light strip to use? I notice some have only 14 lights in their cup and some have 80 or 90. Do you really need that many?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-5050-1m-60led-395-405nm-UV-LED-Flexible-waterproof-Strip-black-light-lamp/232097356119?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3Def41453c47974cca86aa1dc91eb6474c%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D232097356119

When I get home I'll count/see how much strip was needed to cover the cup. I know the huge roll I bought about 90% of it I didn't need. The more LED bulbs the more light and easy to charge it. 👍

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 11, 2016, 05:26 PM »
There is a 12" (15 led) strip inside this one I made for my Bayrunner... If I remember correctly it was a plastic spice jar before it became a dip cup, my PKs never shined so bright.

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Oct 11, 2016, 05:59 PM »
More LEDs = more battery usage..

Some take more than others, with these hooked up with my Vexilar running I get just over 8 hours.. It normally runs over 20 hours.. There are 45 LEDs total there..

Another thing to consider, those UV LEDs are brighter than you might think, the most of the useful wavelength of UV can't be seen with our eyes.. I would think 9 LEDs would light up a lure about the same as 90...

Another thing to consider, if you are using true UV LEDs, UV is not good for your eyes..

Although I don't have a clue how much of that wavelength makes it out of the cup.. Another thing I just thought of is I wonder if some plastics will fail prematurely due to the UV breaking it down..

I've been thinking about making one though myself..

Just thinking out loud with you all here...

<°)))>{

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:29 AM »
Another thing to consider, if you are using true UV LEDs, UV is not good for your eyes

that's a fact. UV light is a contributer to macular degeneration. It's a good thing to turn the glocup on for a minute to charge your lure but don't use it as a main light source.

I have a rocker switch on mine to turn it on and off, it really doesn't use any juice at all cuz I only use it from time to time so eating up a abattery isn't much of a concern.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.