Author Topic: bait stores in nh  (Read 18694 times)

Offline Fish Eye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: bait stores in nh
« Reply #60 on: Jan 20, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Loudon village store  798-3099 Just started selling shiners & they support the 2nd ammendment!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 20, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Loudon village store  798-3099 Just started selling shiners & they support the 2nd ammendment!
they have dynamite clam chowder too

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Also Ossipee Bait and Tackle 306 Pine River Rd Effingham , he had a thing last year but 10 get one free with bait, and open 24 hrs just call ahead  603-730-7674. Not sure if its the same this year or not..I'm going off a business card from last year ...
I was there this morning at 6 for some smelt. Got two punches on my bait card - one for a dozen smelt and another for it being my first time to the shop. What a hell of a guy going out of his way to cater to ice fishermen. He will have my business all season long.  24x7 bait - can't beat it.

Offline Bucktale

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Martel's in Laconia on Bay Street.  Good bait at standard pricing, accessories are VERY high priced here so hit the Wal-Mart at exit 20 or in Gilford for all your hooks/sinkers etc. needs.
My worst day fishing is better'n my bext day at work.

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:39 PM »

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 05, 2013, 02:09 PM »
Licensed NH Bait Dealers. NOTE: The information presented ... NH. EDMOND WHITE. 603-630-7690. BIP OUTDOORS. ATKINSON,. NH. THOMAS THIBEAULT ... I'm pretty sure you fellas on this board know this man. I bought bait the other day from him. very lively bait if I say so myself.

Offline AngelsPapa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Bait shop on 28 in Hooksett

I'm not sure the name of this place but it used to be Steve's. Great shiners...pins and all sizes. Suckers... smelt etc etc.  I don't know their hours but I think they live on the premises. 

You'll see the hand painted sign for BAIT  around the side of the building toward the back.

It's directly accross from Riley's gun shop in Hooksett.

Riley's address is:
1575 Hooksett Rd.
Hooksett NH

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Squam River Bait,Ed White. Open early and late .All bait and tackle,advice and maybe a story or two .
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline sincityrednek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Just went to Nute's on the way home and he had a huge delivery of bait come in this afternoon. Shiners, smelt, tip-up suckers and large suckers.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline NHguy12

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Pandora
« Reply #69 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Anther thumbs up for Squam River Bait in Ashland. Ed is a very cool guy and the shop has everything you need.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:24 AM »
Bait shop on 28 in Hooksett

I'm not sure the name of this place but it used to be Steve's. Great shiners...pins and all sizes. Suckers... smelt etc etc.  I don't know their hours but I think they live on the premises. 

You'll see the hand painted sign for BAIT  around the side of the building toward the back.

It's directly accross from Riley's gun shop in Hooksett.

Riley's address is:
1575 Hooksett Rd.
Hooksett NH

there is another bait shop here now? This used to be steve's sportsman den, so there is another bait shop here if so that is great news
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Its still the same people that owned Steve's...they have just closed the front business and have the stone and masonry place leasing the property now. The bait is all still them, in the back of the main building.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:22 AM »
Its still the same people that owned Steve's...they have just closed the front business and have the stone and masonry place leasing the property now. The bait is all still them, in the back of the main building.

thanks buddy i appreciate it!
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Pete's Live Bait in Haverhill, NH has nice bait. The smalls are actually small unlike some places you go and they are more like mediums. I like smalls for perch fishing he also has very large shiners for Pike fishing and mediums of course. Suckers are there but they can be hit or miss he does not always carry them. Didnt see many posts for this area so I thought I would add to the discussion.
Can you tell me where Pete`s is located and possible hours????

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #74 on: Feb 12, 2013, 06:05 PM »
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 21, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Go see Ed at Squam River Bait Shop.  His bait is always hardy and lively.  He traps himself and is a wholesaler and retailer.  It's much better to support the guys that are also sportsman.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »
Martel's in Laconia on Bay Street.  Good bait at standard pricing, accessories are VERY high priced here so hit the Wal-Mart at exit 20 or in Gilford for all your hooks/sinkers etc. needs.

I usually use Martel's in Laconia but when I went yesterday I was at his door at 5:55am and at 6:20am there was still no one there...they post their opening hour as 6:00am, but he screwed me up yesterday...had to go back to Winnisquam Market in the opposite direction to buy bait.
This has happened to me in the past as well...don't know if they're just damned independent or what, but I got a late start because of them and wasn't happy about it.

Offline ted10

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • home sweet home. the dog house
« Reply #77 on: Nov 23, 2013, 05:16 AM »
George and EDs in Rochester, gets bait next week.
george and eds wow. thats still there and called that . brings back good memories lol
TED JAMES

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2013, 06:41 AM »
george and eds wow. thats still there and called that . brings back good memories lol

It's not the way you remember it anymore :-\
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Pecheglacon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 05, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Any other bait shops in the candia / Deerfield area (besides wildlife taxidermy at the massabesic circle)??

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Dec 06, 2013, 05:05 PM »
If travelling up route 106, someone has a live bait sign up at the rt. 129 intersection. be on your left as you drive north

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.