Author Topic: Eskimo viper fuel line  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Troutstr

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo viper fuel line
« on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Looking for help with my Viper, noticed fuel leakage this year at the intake housing, removed and followed primer fuel line into the housing and the end of the fuel line looks melted but it primed fine when I initially setup this week, it looks like the house is just chillin in the housing and not connected to anything. Where should this line run to and should I replace?
Thanks.

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo viper fuel line
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:45 AM »
Mine looks like it is leaking from the grommet. As well.  Just going to try some sealant around the outside on the fuel tank.

Offline liteguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Go to b&b small engine repair get new gromit and line kit . Just change line to carb and gromit line to tank😁!

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2019, 08:25 AM »
mine does the same

where is that shop?

Offline calgarygringo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Just filled mine he other  and was leaking there and had a drip from a crack at one of the mounts. I got online and found and found Viper engine parts are readily available at small engine shops. I ordered a new  fuel tank out of Toolstorm Edmonton and arrived in 2 days. Put it on yesterday and is like new again. Fred it up and runs fantastic.

Offline liteguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2019, 06:08 PM »
its in regina just go to repair shop that does snow blowers and lawn mowers.call ahead to see

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:44 AM »
So I had the same issue going on this year with my auger...

It would start every time but would die out as soon as I rev it up.  Though it was something with primer or fuel filter in the tank.

So after I couldn’t get a hole drilled I decided to open the gas cap and stick my finger in and pull out the fuel line and filter for a peek. To my surprise there was a crack in the fuel line about 3/4 through the line inside the tank. So with a full tank it would prob work ok. I cut the line where it was cracked pulled the old one off where it connects to motor and reinstalled the gas line )it was about 3-4” shorter now than originally but reach and worker... free fix right on the ice...

No more issues.

Worth checking maybe you guys will get lucky too..

Best regards and tight lines...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.