Author Topic: marcum camera choice  (Read 1321 times)

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
marcum camera choice
« on: Oct 22, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference between the VS485C and the 485C would be?  VS has color picture but that seems to be the only big difference.  Does anyone have experience with these and does the color actually help you see the fish better or does it just add to the picture?

Offline BGP

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: marcum camera choice
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2019, 12:58 AM »
I'm not 100% sure what the difference between the two models are, but I do have a marcum VS825SD camera I'm looking to sell if you're interested. It is the higher end model that gives water temperature, depth, and direction the camera is pointed in relation to the screen. It has the camera panner as well. I bought it two years ago and it works perfectly. I paid about $900 end of season two years ago. So it was really only used for one season. If you're interested, let me know!

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2019, 12:51 PM »
thanks but I bought an auqua view last weekend.  Marcum has issues with water getting in the screen I guess.  Both fishing hole and cabelas said they have lots of people returning.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019, 09:09 AM »
so is aqua view the best cam out there now?

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2019, 11:28 AM »
I wouldn't say the best but it sounds like it has the least amount of issues and returns.  It depends if you buy to keep the unit or if you like to get new things every few year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.