Author Topic: Zack Shack  (Read 1938 times)

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waitin for the freeze!!
Zack Shack
« on: Feb 01, 2014, 10:10 PM »
I am looking at a new wheelhouse, my first. The Zack Shack looks very functional but is not cheap considering the cost, $8,500, for the Mack. I see that I could buy a cheaper one with more amenities but the paneling, etc is not important to me. Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of these?

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Zack Shack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:00 AM »
I looked at the Hayfield but I think I want the rear access for a 4 wheeler either for fishing or for storage. Do you know if they make a model with a cargo door?

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:09 AM »
Oops, they do have the double doors. I must been thinking of another company.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Try to pm Rod Runner. He bought one a few years ago. He' s posted a few posts on the Wyoming site.    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:55 AM »
I've only fished out of one a few times but liked it well enough.  I ordered one after calling every dealer in three states and did not find one on hand. Should have it this weekend if I am lucky. 
Big Block has one.  He posted pictures of it in the "Let's see your setup.....inside" thread.  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=280956.msg2910379#msg2910379
They are pricey, but I think it's built to last and last.  Can't find any used ones so the owners must be pleased enough with them to keep them.   

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:51 PM »
 I get the same feeling, no one is selling used ones, if they are they sure aren't advertising them.
Zack said they are 19 shacks behind right now. How long ago did you order your shack?

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2014, 10:05 AM »
I found a dealer that already had one on order and told them I'd take it.  That was three weeks ago.  I am not sure how long they have had it on order but Zachmeier said it SHOULD be ready this week to be picked up.  I was told if I ordered from Zach directly it would be 7 weeks out.  I think they can put out three a week.  Only hear say though.  If you call Zachmeier and talk with Mike, he should be able to tell you.  Good luck!!

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:30 PM »
I asked about ordering online using their online store and was told I would have to prepay. I am not crazy about prepaying 8-9k and not receiving the goods for months.

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Mike told me he'd take my order direct.  Didn't say anything about pre-paying.  That is just before I found the dealer.  If nothing else, ask Mike what dealer he is building one for and get in touch with them to see if it is pre-sold or available.  Mike was a nice guy to talk with,  give him a call or email him direct.  He always answered my emails within a day.  If you call you'll probably have to leave a message but he'll call back. 

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:38 PM »
I think I got it resolved,there may have been some confusion by who answered my email. Yes, they are very helpful. I haven't ordered one yet, haven't decided between the 12' or 14' model. I think some places I may take it the 12 might be better as it looks like the clearance may be not the greatest.

Offline Chasing Lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Let us know how you guys like your zack shacks when you get them... I'm starting to think that I really need to try and get one of these before next season. Lightweight and buoyant and hauls your wheeler? I dunno how you beat that.

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:51 PM »
I just ordered one today. It won't be built for 6-8 weeks. I guess I can use it this fall for a deer blind or if I get lucky I can take it elk hunting. Then ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.