The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: A DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR THE SOUTHERN WISCONSIN MEET & GREET POST IF YOUR COMING  (Read 6555 times)

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
don't forget, we will be on channel 3 on the 2 way radio or you can call us using the two cell phone numbers listed below.

414-242-3082 or 414-698-0265. bring your own food, beverage & bait. I will have a few Iceshanty items to hand out. when they are gone thats it. we will also have a Wisconsin guide in our group to help put you on the fish.
just a quick heads up guys & gals. here is some stuff for you to know.

our meet & greet is next week Saturday February 8th,2014 on Fox Lake in Dodge county. time is 5:00am-??? you don't have to arrive at 5 am but we will have a guide there early. My sons & I should be there by 5:30-6:00am
we will be on channel 3 on the 2 way radios
if you get stuck we will have 4 wheel drive to pull you out
stay on the roads out on the lake to avoid getting stuck
we will have a guide in our group to give you info on the lake and where to fish,what bait to use how deep to fish etc.
Fish Tales bait shop in Fox Lake has all your bait needs
you can get on the lake using 2 boat ramps. #1 take Hwy 33 west. which is the main road in Fox Lake to Chief Kuno trail which is the first right turn past the Chalet restaurant. go up Chief Kuno trail till you get to the Boat House Pub & Eatery. on the left side of the building you will see the boat ramp drive straight out from there and call us on the radio or the cell # that I am going to provide. we don't reccommend that you use the Twin Shores ramp. that is the next ramp up from The Boat House Pub & Eatery.we hear people are getting stuck at that ramp. stop at Fish Tales Bait in Fox Lake for a free lake map
#2 boat ramp. you take hwy 33 west out of town to hwy A. turn right on hwy A go to BlackHawk Trail. turn right on BlackHawk Trail and follow the signs to the county park boat ramp.call us on the radio to find out where we are located.
bring your own food & beverages and bait.
I have some IceShanty items sent to me by Scott, the owner of IceShanty. these are on a first come first serve basis. when we run out ,thats it.
good luck to everyone and lets make this a big event
here is my cell phone # 1-414-242-3082
if you can't contact us on that # here is another one. 1-414-698-0265

HIMO
                                                                                     Wisconsin Moderator

HIMO
                                                                                     Iceshanty Wisconsin Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
Himo it's a gas cost thing for me lol

Offline wallyhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
I'll be there, can't wait. I will need a phone # Thanks

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll be there, can't wait. I will need a phone # Thanks

when you get to the lake, here are two phone numbers for you. if you can't get thru using one, then try the other one.

1-414-242-3082
1-414-698-0265

HIMO

Offline Wegashanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE KING
Any plans for a central or north east wisconsin meet and greet?

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm going Saturday and coming from seymour

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I was hoping someone from your area would get the ball rolling on a meet & greet. I can help to organize  but somebody in the area would be bettere.

HIMO
                                                                                              Wisconsin Moderator

I'm going Saturday and coming from seymour

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm going to try to make it up there.  It will just depend on if I have a vehicle or not available.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm going to try to make it up there.  It will just depend on if I have a vehicle or not available.

WOW YOU ARE ONLY 7 MILES AWAY, YOU COULD WALK. LOL!!!

HIMO
                                                                                WISCONSIN ICESHANTY MODERATOR

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
i am going and just came from a bait shop and i got some crappie minnows. i only asked for a dozen but he gave me like 4 or 5 dozen so if any one needs a couple just let me know i might be able to give some to some people cause theirs no way im going to use them all lol  ;D, unless for some reason half of them die tonight or if i go on a hot streak tomorrow and catch all the fish out of the lake haha

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
i am going and just came from a bait shop and i got some crappie minnows. i only asked for a dozen but he gave me like 4 or 5 dozen so if any one needs a couple just let me know i might be able to give some to some people cause theirs no way im going to use them all lol  ;D, unless for some reason half of them die tonight or if i go on a hot streak tomorrow and catch all the fish out of the lake haha

keep the minnows in the fridge or out in the garage to keep them cold. you won't need an aerator because of the cold. I still have some in my basement fridge from last saturday. member old goat from Madison has 500 waxies and a few hundred spikes to give to me tonite so everybody should have bait. don't forget, to get a hold of me channel 3 on the 2way radio or one of the 2 phone numbers I listed.
414-242-3082
414-698-0265

HIMO

Offline Flappin Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie

I'll make sure he gets there.  Hopefully be at the lake by 7ish. 

Humminbird Ice 55   Shimano Symetre 500fj    St Croix Silver Legend    Jiffy Pro4 8"

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I really wish I could have made this one. I have to be out of town this weekend for a Birthday party. Hopefully next year.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Shoot.... I was really (I mean really) looking forward to doing this but caregiving duties will supersede recreation. At least this time. Guess I'll have to hold out for next year  :(

Have fun all and be safe!

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
The chain and gear is in the truck I should be on the road by 5.30  and an hour away . See you all on the ice Bob .

Live to fish forced to work

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
Went fishing today on Fox Lake and wanted to add some last minute info to the things stated above. Hope I don't step on anyone's toes by doing so. The ice is at least 25 inches of thick good ice. The landing to get on the ice is in rough shape but shouldn't be a problem with a vehicle with good clearance. There are some snow drifts but with all the vehicles that have been out there it seems to be packed down pretty good and getting around shouldn't be an issue. Today was a slow day of fishing but fun as always. We only caught crappies and they all seemed to be hanging on the bottom in about 15 feet of water however we didn't move around to find better locations. All were caught on white fuzzy's with a size 16 bleeding treble hook and small rosy minnows within the bottom two feet and today they didn't seem to want any jigs with red spikes. All in all it should be lots of fun tomorrow. Drive safe and see you all tomorrow...

Kilbourn

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Went fishing today on Fox Lake and wanted to add some last minute info to the things stated above. Hope I don't step on anyone's toes by doing so. The ice is at least 25 inches of thick good ice. The landing to get on the ice is in rough shape but shouldn't be a problem with a vehicle with good clearance. There are some snow drifts but with all the vehicles that have been out there it seems to be packed down pretty good and getting around shouldn't be an issue. Today was a slow day of fishing but fun as always. We only caught crappies and they all seemed to be hanging on the bottom in about 15 feet of water however we didn't move around to find better locations. All were caught on white fuzzy's with a size 16 bleeding treble hook and small rosy minnows within the bottom two feet and today they didn't seem to want any jigs with red spikes. All in all it should be lots of fun tomorrow. Drive safe and see you all tomorrow...

Kilbourn

thanks for the info. it is 2:31am and I can't sleep anymore so a little puter time and then wake everyone up. will be on the road by 4:00am and should get to the lake by 5:30-5:45. a quick shout out to Old Goat. he drove almost 85 miles to my house to deliver 500 waxies and some spikes for all of us. also gave some fishing related stuff for me to hand out. see ya guys on the ice. don't forget, channel 3 on the 2 way radios or call one of the 2 numbers

414-242-3082
414-698-0265

HIMO

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
Thanks old goat, I'm sure that all will come in handy today.

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flappin Crappie and I had a pretty good morning with you guys.  They seemed to be biting early and then calmed down.  We were marking fish all morning long.  We were about even on the dead sticks and the jigging. 

Thanks HIMO for setting everything up.  We'll have to meet again.  Let us know when you're coming up this way again.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
OH WOW!!! is all I can say. I just got home and I am exhasted. I will try to post a few pics and My final report in the morning. off to bed I go. LOL !!!

HIMO

Offline Flappin Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
It was great meeting some of the Wisconsin gang.  Thanks to HIMO for getting it organized, and for helping us find the spot on the lake!  Fishing was kinda slow, but Johnsonarcher and I caught a few, so all in all a good time.  Hope we can do it again next year!
Humminbird Ice 55   Shimano Symetre 500fj    St Croix Silver Legend    Jiffy Pro4 8"

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yea it was a good time I kept 13 and released prolly another 10 and missed a couple. For my first time ever fishing the lake I think I done pretty good.

Offline wallyhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice to meet you HIMO, I had a great time Sat. Talked to a lot of people out on the lake, and caught a few crappies to boot.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
It was nice meeting lots of people on the site to put a face to. The fishing wasn't the best on my end of the lake but beats lots of other things. Thanks HIMO for setting it up and everyone that donated things to be gifted out. Can't wait to see where we go next year!

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
A big thank you to Old Goat for the spikes and giant waxes they looked huge great down the hole .It  was plenty  cold so a shelter was a must .Fishing was tuff in our local but the cold kept most of us hunkered down . All in all a good time better than sitting home feeding the fire by a long shot. I my self would go fishing any time any where with the group I fished with. As for the guide that was supposed to stop by I hope he did not have a accident or have a family medical issue .

Live to fish forced to work

Offline puddy

• IceShanty Rookie
It was a good time, i'm glad the kid had fun.
You can't catch fish in the parking lot.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
well guys, all I can say is, it was sure nice to meet you face to face. I was finally able to put a face with the name. most of you guys did ok in the catchin dept. My family & I did great in the fishing dept. but terrible in the catching dept. we only caught  1 fish. I put it in my fish cooler which had some snow & ice in it to keep the fish. 12 hours later we were packing up and I opened up the cooler and the fish was still alive. we put him in the hole and he swam away. man I love catch & release. LOL !!! anyway here are a few pics including a few of that helicopter that was flying 30-50 ft off the ice. can't wait to do it again. I also put a pic of my new shanty the Clam BigFoot 6000XL.man what a shanty. 8ft x 14ft. a castle on ice. Puddy's son walked away with a brand new Iceshanty baseball hat and I gave out Hats,flag's & bumper stickers all compliments of Scott, the founder of IceShanty.com. Oh, I forgot to mention, Puddys son schooled him on how to catch fish. LOL !!! If I forgot anybody on the list below, let me know and I will correct it.

our role call for the meet & greet was:

IcefishingWisconsin
Mrs. IcefishingWisconsin
diabetik11
walleyehntr
Puddy
Kilbourn
johnsonarcher
flappincrappie
walleyetattoo
HIMO
Topher8908 (my son Chris)
Sturgeonater(my son Ryan)
MaryKay(my wife)

HIMO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.