Author Topic: Fraser Lake will be home for a couple of months,help  (Read 1164 times)

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
Fraser Lake will be home for a couple of months,help
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I am working @ Fraser Lake for a couple of months and was wondering about any local lakes for ice fishing.I am from the Kamloops area and normally fish for rainbows.I understand that lakers,burbot and rainbows are in the local lakes.Any advice would be greatly appreciated like lakes(where on lake),methods and techniques,what bait ect.Thank You very much.You have to love hard water season!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Fraser Lake will be home for a couple of months,help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Alot of the lakes south of there got scorched in the summer from forest fires. Not sure if they will be still producing and how the fish will react. Will know more at end of season.
Lots of good lakes down the Kluskus/Holy Cross FSR for all the fish you mention. There is good burbot right in Fraser lake. I was talking last year to CO and he said the biggest burbot he had checked last year came from Fraser lake and was 15 lbs.
Shhot me a PM when you arrive and are heading out on ice. I'm only an hour east and some of my lakes that I want to fish are out that way. I will show you a few tricks on ice ;)

Offline kodiak80

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:22 PM »
if you are bored in Fraser LAke and want to drive to the booming metropolis of Vanderhoof, check out Nulki or Tachick Lakes which are ~20min south of there.  lot's of rainbows. 

Offline HolePoacher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:33 PM »
I have a buddy who fishes fraser lake often in the winter, catches loads of burbot. biggest to date is 16lbs. we open water fished this summer got a few nice bows.
looking for yesterdays catch to drop my line

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies!It is greatly appreciated! What are the tricks to catch the burbot,back in Sask. we use to use minnows. Not legal here.Does anybody have a good way to cook them.I use to deep fry them.Looking forward to getting out on the ice.If anybody is going out and wouldn't mind a tag along drop me a line.I'll bring the Miller.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies!It is greatly appreciated! What are the tricks to catch the burbot,back in Sask. we use to use minnows. Not legal here.Does anybody have a good way to cook them.I use to deep fry them.Looking forward to getting out on the ice.If anybody is going out and wouldn't mind a tag along drop me a line.I'll bring the Miller.
I'm not sure about the regs for Fraser Lake when it comes to set lining,  but if that is your method of fishing, then yes, you can use a "part of a minnow",  just not the whole minnow,  and the hook has to be big, 3cm from tip to the shank,   I dont set line so I cant tell you how you will do there.   Be careful though,  the regs say that some lakes dont allow "set lines"    I have jigged for Burbot there, and have done ok.    I wont share specifics on here.... because many cranky lurkers have been complaining lately about "facts" on these posts, so if you want more info PM me.    ;D

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.