Author Topic: Time change for seasons  (Read 1965 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time change for seasons
« on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:48 AM »
I agree we are in a weather change time period and it seems to me based off the last few years the four seasons are all off by about a month now. Winter type weather doesn't start til mid January  that should have showed up in mid December then spring type temps don't show up like years before til May and then the real hot stuff never shows up til late aug and runs thru deer season. I might just be getting old. Forecast for the last week in feb and first 10 days of march are what we needed back in January to maintain good ice after a polar blast would freeze things up solid. I'm tired of the back and forth conditions. Got a sun burn yesterday but will need my insulated underwear by Thursday.   

Offline sculver7

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Time change for seasons
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2020, 09:15 AM »
I have also noticed this trend. Seems as if all the seasons are getting later and later. Before too long, July will be the dead of winter and January will be summer. Super weird.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:44 PM »
4 and 5 years ago we had over 20" of ice and people were driving their trucks on it in early February.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:06 PM »
and we will again in 4-5 yrs. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2020, 02:43 AM »
This winter mid Dec didn't start out bad it just didn't last long enough, we had some nights in the teens and a couple  single digit but mostly a roller coaster down and up. Here's Dec weather in my area, northern Ind. probably was cooler.

Last winter we had that sub zero weather at the end of Jan, lowest was -17 on Jan-30-19.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:24 AM »
and we will again in 4-5 yrs. lol
I wouldn't count on it! Looks like we're in a warming trend that may last for long time! Hex

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:43 AM »
I agree we are in a weather change time period and it seems to me based off the last few years the four seasons are all off by about a month now. Winter type weather doesn't start til mid January  that should have showed up in mid December then spring type temps don't show up like years before til May and then the real hot stuff never shows up til late aug and runs thru deer season. I might just be getting old. Forecast for the last week in feb and first 10 days of march are what we needed back in January to maintain good ice after a polar blast would freeze things up solid. I'm tired of the back and forth conditions. Got a sun burn yesterday but will need my insulated underwear by Thursday.

One thing I've noticed being married to a farmer and all her brothers...the planting and harvesting times have been moved forward because of the weather. Planting later in the spring..heck last year early summer..and harvesting according to planting time.
Will this be the new norm?? No idea but it is happening now.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:44 AM »
the only thing i know for sure about the weather is this.  today, with heavy clouds and warm temps, screams great pike fishing on bulged spinner baits!  the rest, as with mine, is pure prediction.

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.