Author Topic: Kid gear  (Read 956 times)

Offline reinventingyourexit

• IceShanty Rookie
Kid gear
« on: Jan 21, 2019, 09:37 PM »
Hello all. Im going up to Fish Lake at the end of February. I am taking my son for his first time. Unfortunately i do not have any of the cold weather clothing. I dont want to soen 400$ on a set clothes/boots just to have him out grow it and need to buy again next season. Is there a good place to buy used? Or any economical recommendations on some bibs/jacket/boots? Any and all help is appreciated.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Kid gear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:59 PM »
Alot of the places here are starting to clearance out the winter gear so you might get a full set up fairly cheap. Tractor trailer supply has their stuff 20%. Picked up some really good wool socks for $5 a pair today.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2019, 10:58 AM »
I would try recreation outlet in Ogden if you have time to swing in there. Two weeks ago I go a $140 pair of snow pants for $40.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:04 PM »
You might want to check Walmart as well for some cold weather stuff

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:01 AM »
You don’t have to spend tons of money for kids gear. I have been taking my kids ice fishing since they were about 3 years old. You can buy snow pants or bibs for around $20 or less. A coat about the same. Try Walmart, target ect. Most places are closing out winter gear now. Buy 2-3 pairs of gloves. Change their gloves when they get wet. Boots are being marked down now as well. Buy the boots a size or two big. Room to grow and room for socks. Costco sales a pack of Omni wool socks for a good price. If the boots are cheap buy two pairs. Change when wet. A heater is a must for kids. Keeps hands warm, I usually sit them in a chair and warm their feet a few times a day. I buy hand warmers and place them inside their gloves. Tell them to hold the hand warmer in their palm and make a fist around it to warm all their fingers. Buy toe warmers as well. They have an adhesive pad. Stick them on top of their sock, to help warm their toes. Most important bring plenty of snacks to eat, thermos of hot chocalate, have them pack some toys to play with. Fishing is only a small part of their experience. Playing around and having fun is generally what they do most of the time.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Good Will often has brand new kids clothes for little money. Maybe you can find something there for the time being. Donate it back if you find something better.

Offline reinventingyourexit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Thanks guys. I will definitely check out the snow bibs and jackets. I will have to buy online i dont live in Utah nor anywhere close to cold weather(cali). I didn’t want to have to buy the clam kids bibs especially since he’ll probably out grow them by next year any. Thanks again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.