Author Topic: You Guys Are Going To Mock Me Out, But I Think I Am In Love  (Read 3499 times)

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Sunday I went ice fishing at Wawway. I caught nothing the whole time.  Several people told me there was a woman catching fish just out from the swimming beach.

When leaving I had to go past where she was. She was almost my age; nice looking and a woman who goes ice fishing on her own! We had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes. She had a bunch of real cool antique tip ups she got from from her uncle. We talked about Way Way and fishing in general. I mentioned that I hunt she didn't have a negitive reaction to that.  All in all she is my dream girl.

I thought about asking her for a date, but it would have been off the wall. I'll probably never see her again so it is all moot. Perhaps my brain was frozen from being out on the ice for 4 hours and she is a hallucination sort of like when the old time sailors saw mermaids.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Re: You Guys Are Going To Mock Me Out, But I Think I Am In Love
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:13 AM »
Sounds like next Sunday I'd recommend you go ice fishing Wawway by the swimming area! Hope you catch what you're fishing for. Us married guys don't want to hog all the questions of "and where do you think you're going today" or "when did you buy that piece of equipment". But in your case it may be reversed!  ;)2 :roflmao: :whistle:

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:14 AM »
haha thats great, whatever works for you ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:30 AM »
maybe she is a member of IS and will read your post and come looking for you...with bait!! good luck   ;)

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:49 AM »
maybe she is a member of IS and will read your post and come looking for you...with bait!! good luck   ;)
But then she will know you're in love already!  :-*
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:57 AM »
If you do catch er,its gonna cost a little bit,but Ide have er mounted,no replicas

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:28 AM »
You gotta try to find her again.  That is like a dream come true.  Can you married guys (like me) imagine not getting a dirty look or a "you're going out again?" reply every time you go hunting or fishing.  Focus, man.  This is critical.  You must locate her again........ And find out if she has any friends!

Offline Tunadew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:05 AM »
I had a similar situation a few years ago.  The girl in question for me was on a amatuer bass series in the midwest.  That was the end of that....she fished for green carp for a living!!

Haha....go and get her this weekend!

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:19 AM »
Sunday I went ice fishing at Wawway. I caught nothing the whole time.  Several people told me there was a woman catching fish just out from the swimming beach.

When leaving I had to go past where she was. She was almost my age; nice looking and a woman who goes ice fishing on her own! We had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes. She had a bunch of real cool antique tip ups she got from from her uncle. We talked about Way Way and fishing in general. I mentioned that I hunt she didn't have a negitive reaction to that.  All in all she is my dream girl.

I thought about asking her for a date, but it would have been off the wall. I'll probably never see her again so it is all moot. Perhaps my brain was frozen from being out on the ice for 4 hours and she is a hallucination sort of like when the old time sailors saw mermaids.

Sounds like a great woman...you might want to change your name from 4inchok though to something a bit bigger....ha!!!  Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2007, 08:09 AM »
met my GF in march 03 ice fishing round valley
the following weekend we were catching trout
out of my boat at RV. we're still together :tipup:

Big BAIT :tipup: Big ESOX                                                                   <><      }*)))))))))))))))))))><{

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I was at Wayway on Sunday and there were actually a couple of women ice fishing. I also heard of the woman fishing for pickerel by the swimming beach by the people ice skating through . Was she wearing a light colored jacket and the hood lined with white fur? Didn’t get a chance to venture that way my tip-up spread was too far away but if that was her, a guy joined her fishing just before the sun went down. If that was not her then, I have to keep my eyes open for the mermaid. Finally, Division of Fish and Game stocking Wayway with something of interest, just kidding. ;D
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2007, 11:44 AM »
met my GF in march 03 ice fishing round valley
the following weekend we were catching trout
out of my boat at RV. we're still together :tipup:

That sounds like her...She was big on RV.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I was at Wayway on Sunday and there were actually a couple of women ice fishing. I also heard of the woman fishing for pickerel by the swimming beach by the people ice skating through . Was she wearing a light colored jacket and the hood lined with white fur? Didn’t get a chance to venture that way my tip-up spread was too far away but if that was her, a guy joined her fishing just before the sun went down. If that was not her then, I have to keep my eyes open for the mermaid. Finally, Division of Fish and Game stocking Wayway with something of interest, just kidding. ;D

That may have been her although I don't remember the color of her jacket. She did say she was supposed to meet someone there that didn't show. Maybe he was just late.

Offline jiggingfoul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2007, 12:33 PM »
would not want a girl that dose the same things as me.would not want to be
jigging walleyes and her someone yelling at me for not putting the seat down{lol} ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.