The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy Torch Blades  (Read 1001 times)

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jiffy Torch Blades
« on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:07 AM »
Are the blades on the new Jiffy Torch the same ripper blades used on the gas versions? I emailed Jiffy but they never responded.

Why do I care? I love the old ripper blades and they last forever. I bought several sets in the past and in 25 years only changed them 1x. Still have 3 more but got rid of the gas auger.

Also would love to hear from anyone that has purchased and used this auger. I know it is still early but there is a skim layer of ice on my pool and I'm getting anxious for a new auger.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jiffy Torch Blades
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Thanks.. I did not see that post but is loaded with some great info.

Also, found my answer by noticing that the Torch and Rogue augers are spinning clockwise and not counter-clockwise (as most old Jiffy's have for years).

So no, the blades are not compatible and just noticed some for sale on FishUSA that seem exclusive to the Torch and Rogue.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Not my first choice ..other brands come to mind

K-Drill if you are looking for Chipper blades

PM sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Wait till next year and buy the torch then. There's some worry about one of the connection points, imo completely unwarranted but time will tell. Also a good habit to not buy first year products. Seems like it'll be a good auger if no issues come up. Love the jiffy ripper blades

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.