Author Topic: Lake Louise report thread 2020/2021  (Read 13850 times)

Offline DanielKPM

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Louise report thread 2020/2021
« Reply #60 on: Mar 17, 2021, 12:12 PM »
Talked to a guide out on lake Louise yesterday. Chasing tales i believe is his guide service. Anyways, he gave me a few tips. Says the bourbot are hanging around the islands right now. Also says the Lakers are hanging around 8-35’.  Wasn’t gonna pry him on spots, so I figure I’d at least ask what depth they’ve been catching em in. Anyways I’m pretty good/lucky on finding good structure lol.

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 17, 2021, 06:05 PM »
Talked to a guide out on lake Louise yesterday. Chasing tales i believe is his guide service. Anyways, he gave me a few tips. Says the bourbot are hanging around the islands right now. Also says the Lakers are hanging around 8-35’.  Wasn’t gonna pry him on spots, so I figure I’d at least ask what depth they’ve been catching em in. Anyways I’m pretty good/lucky on finding good structure lol.

FYI, the guide you mentioned is not too popular on this forum site.  Too each his own I guess.  I got some friends who have fished with him and I am sure he is a nice enough guy, but there are lots of people who don't agree with some of his techniques and practices.  I personally don't know him, so I am not going to be specific and bad mouth him, but from what I have heard I don't agree with some of the things he is doing or the negative influence he has had on the fishery out there.  Don't be too surprised if you catch some flack for name dropping him on here.  He has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.  Just FYI.

Offline DanielKPM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Mar 18, 2021, 03:06 AM »
Oh gotcha. Yea, I’ve never heard of the guy before. Was given his number to get conditions on the lake.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 18, 2021, 02:22 PM »
Kasilofchrisn I sent you a pm.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Mar 31, 2021, 12:27 AM »
Anyone have recent reports?  Ice thickness?

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 31, 2021, 05:04 PM »
Anyone have recent reports?  Ice thickness?

Was out in that neck of the woods last weekend.  Plenty of ice still.  40+ inches.  The most I've probably seen out there.  Been using my extension for the past month.  Fishing has been decent.  No overflow where I was at, but I talked to a friend of mine on this site and he reported overflow where he was at.  He'll probably chime in here later on.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:21 AM »
I didn’t need an extension but you do have to shovel all the way down to the ice and my auger was right at the limit.  I’d bring an extension just in case.  Prepare for a little overflow once you punch your hole, the snow is knee deep and that’s a lot of weight so just be ready for it to be a little soupy.  There is patches of overflow out there so just watch out for the spider holes. 

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Apr 12, 2021, 05:03 PM »
I wish ADF&G would make an emergency order extending the use of bait for at least another 2 weeks out of Lake Louise and all the surrounding lakes in that area.  With this cold weather and all this new snow at the end of the season, I would like to keep fishing for lake trout and we could probably still fish for lakers for another 2-3 weeks, but without bait it makes is pretty hard. 

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Apr 13, 2021, 09:28 AM »
I’ve never needed to use bait this time of year, everything is super aggressive and on the hunt.  Truthfully I wish they would go to no bait altogether.  It would defiantly cut down on the number of foul hookups and it would make tippups obsolete.  Tippups in my opinion are the most destructive form of tackle.  I wish they would make them illegal.  Every fish I’ve ever seen caught on a tippup out there had the bait totally swallowed or the fish was already dead because some jerk left it in the water over night.  Once again another classic example of ADFG not understanding the fish they are supposedly trying to manage.  I’ve been running barbless hooks the past 4 years and it has made a huge difference on my release mortality rate and I encourage everyone to do that he same.  Nothing says in the regs you can’t go above and beyond.

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Apr 15, 2021, 11:06 PM »
I feel laker shamed by AKhardwater.  LOL. 

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Apr 16, 2021, 09:08 PM »
Sorry man that was not my intention.  Stop thinking about Lakers and start thinking about halibut.  I know it’s a little early but has anyone heard of any hooligan running yet? 

Offline akNicki_02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2021, 12:10 PM »
 Hello. New on the form but been fishing for a day or two. I don't expect to see much for hooligan around here (Wasilla) until the middle of May. While I got you I was wondering about whitefish at Lake Louise. If it there is enough to target once the ice is gone. Don't know why, just because I have never caught one I guess. Also heard they are good eating. Thanks Ron. 

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Apr 18, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Sorry man that was not my intention.  Stop thinking about Lakers and start thinking about halibut.  I know it’s a little early but has anyone heard of any hooligan running yet?

It's all good bro.  You and I are practically brothers, so I used to taking crap from you.  I was just making a joke anyway.  One thing I appreciate from you is that you tell it like it is.  No beating around the bush with AKhardwater.  LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.