Author Topic: Official Henry's lake trip 2017 thread  (Read 20760 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Official Henry's lake trip 2017 thread
« Reply #90 on: Nov 25, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Seen a guy on the cam fishing this morning just outside the south marina so the ice must be thick enough for foot traffic for sure. Figured as much with the reports that have came in in the last few days. The temps finally dropped below freezing last night so just one more day to go and if the forecast holds true it will be building ice  :thumbsup: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #91 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:03 PM »
I plan on heading up early Thursday, should be able to give a heads - up if it’s not good. Forecast is looking in our favor. Prospector are you heading to the park early or the rose ? Packed , re packed and rechecked can’t possibly forget anything, the trailer is bulging at the seemsl lol see everyone there !

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #92 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:35 PM »
I just got back from a soccer tournament and now I have to get everything ready and take the sled out for one more test ride Monday after work.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Nov 25, 2017, 09:40 PM »
I plan on heading up early Thursday, should be able to give a heads - up if it’s not good. Forecast is looking in our favor. Prospector are you heading to the park early or the rose ? Packed , re packed and rechecked can’t possibly forget anything, the trailer is bulging at the seemsl lol see everyone there !
I will probably go to the state boat ramp and maybe Staleys depending on the ice. Not sure exactly when I will head out because of conditions. I will definitely see you Thursday though! Drive safe.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Nov 25, 2017, 10:19 PM »
Well you guys know when we'll be there, definately wish it was sooner. Hey geezer are you bringing a wheeler? I don't think it's going to be razor worthy this year for sure but you never know. Remember last year 2-3in of ice and people falling thru the weekend before we got there and then we ended up with 6-8+in off ice. As it goes for me right now just bringing my little 250 wheeler. Either way the walking will be easy. Don't forget your ice cleats everyone. Only 1 more day off these ridiculous temps
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #95 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Latest forecast still shows snow on Monday (90% chance) but no snow on Wednesday.  And now snow on both Saturday & Sunday.  Looking good for my power sled.  And temps all week long (starting Monday night) between 10 and 33.  Should build the ice up by next weekend to a safe level for walk-ons for sure and maybe for machines.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #96 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:32 AM »
O ya can't wait. I have to start making my check list. Let's see I need sled, heater, beer, bibs, auger, drill, beer, and I think that's will do o ya I all most for got I need food 😂😂 I am looking get a way this weekend.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:22 AM »
I’m bringing a 4 wheeler and different size sleds to use depending on the ice. RZR will stay home. Should l bring a big pot of chili? I’m sure you guys will need ammunition for self defense in that big room  lol  ;D  See you Thursday Prospector , everybody drive safe!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #98 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:27 AM »
I’m bringing a 4 wheeler and different size sleds to use depending on the ice. RZR will stay home. Should l bring a big pot of chili? I’m sure you guys will need ammunition for self defense in that big room  lol  ;D  See you Thursday Prospector , everybody drive safe!

😂😂😂  Drive safe up there

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #99 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Looking at the cam again this morning and right now,  the same guy has been there 3 days in a row now. I'm  wondering if it's curt. He keeps going back to the same area just outside the south marina where curts brother got that big fish just after we left last year. Funny thing is that cam runs real time it's a little jumpy but you can tell when they're running for the pole. Definately getting bites.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Fishondan just put up a good report over on the Idaho R&C board. 5-6in of ice at state park. Said the edge was a little sketchy but I'm sure the temps this week will take care of that. Can't get a confirmed thickness from the rose area but I'm sure it's not far off of that. I'll get a $ breakdown out by Tuesday for the room. Just plan on doing like last year, go into the office when you get there and pay them your portion. Man its going to be a long week!!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #101 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:14 PM »
What do I need to bring for bait?  Crawlers?  Waxies?  Mealies?  All of the above?  What about scents?  Do you use them
 or are they not needed?  I don't fish for trout through the ice that much.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Fishondan just put up a good report over on the Idaho R&C board. 5-6in of ice at state park. Said the edge was a little sketchy but I'm sure the temps this week will take care of that. Can't get a confirmed thickness from the rose area but I'm sure it's not far off of that. I'll get a $ breakdown out by Tuesday for the room. Just plan on doing like last year, go into the office when you get there and pay them your portion. Man its going to be a long week!!
That report has got giddy, wonder if the wife would miss me if I left a day early   ???

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #103 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:37 PM »
What do I need to bring for bait?  Crawlers?  Waxies?  Mealies?  All of the above?  What about scents?  Do you use them

You trying to be funny. Lol "don't fish for trout much thru the ice". From what I got from windriver's post, he's been using mealworm on his jacker rods and nite crawler on his jigging rods. I'm planning on taking waxies, mealies & crawlers. As for scents I usually don't use it there but if i do its the powerbait trout juice.

That report has got giddy, wonder if the wife would miss me if I left a day early   ???

I know mine would but at this point who cares I'm ready to fish. Lol just got done loading up the wheelers ourselves. Still need to go over the list a coupe hundred times but I'm sure by Thursday it's going to be good to go. Don't forget the ice cleats everyone
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Windriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:37 PM »

It's fun watching you guys get excited.  I most likely be at a wrestling tournament so one less person to compete with for fish.
Last week we fished one complete day and two mornings.  99% of our fish were caught on jigs tipped with mealworms.  I pull the heads off the mealworms and think of them as a scent packet.  50% of the fish were caught with jaw jackers using very small jigs and 50% were caught actively jigging white paddle bugs .
The real key was setting up early.  75% of the fish were caught before 9:00 am.
Good Luck
Windriver

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #105 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Thank you very much windriver, that's some great detailed info right there. I hope I can return the favor some day. Been really enjoying the pics of your fishing. Good luck at the tourney & Thanks again
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #106 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:49 PM »

It's fun watching you guys get excited.  I most likely be at a wrestling tournament so one less person to compete with for fish.
Last week we fished one complete day and two mornings.  99% of our fish were caught on jigs tipped with mealworms.  I pull the heads off the mealworms and think of them as a scent packet.  50% of the fish were caught with jaw jackers using very small jigs and 50% were caught actively jigging white paddle bugs .
The real key was setting up early.  75% of the fish were caught before 9:00 am.
Good Luck
Windriver

Hey it's like Christmas for us ice attics and we love hitting Henry's for our first ice. The fish in that place are very colorful. Thank you for the information if I can give some back to you at anytime just ask.
Again thank you

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #107 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Has anybody seen a hook setter called "The Snapper" made by Automatic Fisherman?  I already have one Jaw Jacker, but this new for 2017 product looks interesting.  If available locally (Cabelas, SW, Fish Tech, Scheels, etc.) I'd like to pick up one or two for the Henry's trip.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #108 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:45 AM »
They are not available yet, me and fishon1 have orders in but he is still working on the molds. Was supposed to have them this month but it's been pushed out till end of December and that's directly from the owner. Stores will probably not have them in until January sometime. We both picked up a couple jawjackers for this trip. If your wanting anymore jawjackers dicks has a 25% deal going today. Order online ship to store and go pick it up in Layton for about $32 out the door. Have you guys looked at the cam? It's snowing pretty good

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:56 PM »
Looks like I will head up tomorrow. Excited to see you guys! I will post some ice reports and some fish stories as soon as I can. Sorry to hear that some of you can’t make it. Safe travels to all, Joe

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:57 PM »
Keep your phone handy. Going to send you some pictures of fish tomorrow!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Nov 27, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Safe travels joe, make sure to leave some fish for the rest of us to hook into. I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Nov 27, 2017, 11:47 PM »
Safe travels joe, make sure to leave some fish for the rest of us to hook into. I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
Will do. Sure appreciate you guys including me in all of the fun every year! Like my buddy Dewey says, “it is the only reason I get up in the morning.”  Touché

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #113 on: Nov 28, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Looks like I will head up tomorrow. Excited to see you guys! I will post some ice reports and some fish stories as soon as I can. Sorry to hear that some of you can’t make it. Safe travels to all, Joe

Be safe driving Joe and we'll see you Friday morning.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Nov 28, 2017, 07:54 AM »
See you up there Thursday about 1 PM Joe . Need to get there early enough to get a lesson from you.  ;D I’ll bring that drill plate along if you still want it. Drive safe everyone!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Got down to 13deg, oh ya baby  :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Safe travels Joe. See ya soon.

Ps please leave a couple fish for the rest of us 😉
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #117 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Joe made it up and went to the rose 1st. Ice conditions on the north marina were only 2in as far as he dared walk out alone, maybe thicker out further. It should improve to atleast foot traffic for ice fishing by Friday. Machines probably not so much, well see. It seems the edges are the worst, like in the spring time. A plank might not be a bad idea to take. No dice at the south marina but we already new that. He next went to the state park and found a solid 3.5-4in and is setting up for the night. Did get a pretty cool screen shot of him on the cam while we were talking on speaker. Lows tonight around 20 highs tomorrow upper 20's and then down to the low teens tomorrow night. Good ice building temps

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Does the lake still have big brookies or is that a thing of the past?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #119 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Nope they're still in there. I belive the state record was broke last winter. This was one from last winter that was posted on the Idaho f&g Facebook page. It's a hog

Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.