Author Topic: New (to me) shack  (Read 1915 times)

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
New (to me) shack
« on: Apr 30, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Went to some garage sales this week, I was able to find this little guy for $150. So far I think it was a pretty good deal. Would anyone be able to tell me about how old they think it is? It has a canvas tent on it and is not insulated. I cant find any information on it indicating what year it was made. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also would anyone suggest any types of modifications for it?

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New (to me) shack
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2017, 01:57 PM »
perhaps not, I attempted to upload some images but its not working so you obviously cant see anything. However in case anyone was wondering, its a 2 man flip over clam with bucket seats. Dave Genz Fish Trap Yukon.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2017, 04:21 PM »
All depends on the condition and age of shack.  :tipup:

Picture Posting Instructions

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2017, 07:13 PM »

Hopefully this works

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2017, 07:14 PM »

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2017, 07:16 PM »

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2017, 07:22 PM »
Alright, now that I finally got some photos uploaded, would anyone be able to give me any info or opinion on this shack. Again, I think I got a good deal and and I cant find any tears or flaws for that matter at all. I'm curious if anyone can give me any info on how old it might be. Also if anyone can post any suggestions for sled modifications I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 09:07 AM »
the clam site should point you to the  years these were made

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 06:06 PM »
You got a great deal.  I had one of those I bought at Scheels in 2011.  I paid $750 with travel cover and hitch.  The pin system in the extendable poles were kinda crappy, otherwise it was a great shack.  I sold mine for $350
Gunnerdog

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I don't know what year it was made but you definitely got a good deal there and I think that canvas would break the wind and hold up a lot better than the uninsulated material they're made from these days.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2017, 11:10 PM »
I've got a similar shack...only it's the voyager which is a touch larger. Great shack and love it. Just make sure to Lube/sand the bottom poles that drop to the ice. Bought mine at least back around 2010 or earlier and still going strong.  IMO the sleds on theses are better then the new sled designs.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2017, 06:34 AM »
I believe they started making them around 2004 , I had one just like the one you purchased   , if the tub and fabric are in good shape it's a good buy for sure , enjoy , word to the wise put a smitty under it they pull like a tank in any Kind of snow , , I was much younger then so It didn't kill me lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.