Author Topic: Berry??  (Read 845 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Berry??
« on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:55 PM »
With the way the conditions have been at the berry this year it looks like we may get a few trips in after the last ice camping weekend at the Gorge (March 7-10). Just wondering who might be interested in going? The only bad things are you will have to have a sled as the places we will be fishing will not be accessible by anything but one and we will be more than likely going during the week (mon-fri) And of course this will all depend on how mother nature treats us too. We have fished it as late as March 20th in previous years with less snow on the ground so I'm assuming we will surpass that date this year, hopefully. We're coming into the last stretch for the hard deck so get it in the hole and on the ice while you can  :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
Re: Berry??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:35 PM »
I would be into going toward the end of March, are you planning on camping up there someplace or what?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2019, 03:29 PM »
No overnight  just a day trip. I will have had my fill for the season of ice camping after the gorge, no doubt.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2019, 07:42 AM »
I'm definitely interested in a last trip or two up.  :thumbsup:
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Sounds good Dewy, for those interested in the temps at the berry the NWS finally fired up the temp sensor by where you turn into the marina. Its a portable unit on a trailer. For a minute I thought they were not going to turn it on. The good thing is there's another just up the road thats only a few degrees cooler. Its still been getting down to single digits every night until last night/this morning. Here's the link

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=UTTP1&num=72&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

Thats the 3 day report and it updates about every 15-20min. This is one of my favorite ones to watch this time of year as this is where I'll be fishing until the end of the ice season  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.