Author Topic: How's the cache area  (Read 1214 times)

Offline troutking90

• Team IceShanty Regular
How's the cache area
« on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:57 AM »
Hey y'all I'm planning to make a trip back home and am wondering what the hard decks looking like on Hyrum and Newton area? Also how's everyone been haven't been on here for a couple years since I moved to ms
I live for hardware 365 days a year

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: How's the cache area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:21 AM »
Skunkedagain is out fishing porcupine today but being he's also from cache valley I'm sure he will chime in later to give you some details for around there. I know they are fishing both of those waters on the ice so you should be good to go on either. It also sounds like porcupine might be a good spot to hit also
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline troutking90

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Sweet I'll keep checking back in any new harddeck stuff I should be looking at ?
I live for hardware 365 days a year

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2019, 10:54 PM »
Hyrum was great on Friday, ice was a solid 12+ inches, it has been raining this weekend but going to be cold this week so should be nice and slick.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Looking at BFT it sounds like skunkedagain got out to porky and had 11". The edge ice was about half that which is more than enough to get on. Hope this isnt to late for you
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Sorry didn't see this post till now... At this point with the rain the last few days I've seen a lot of ponds raising which will make the edges dicey for a little while, so I'd take a plank to access the ice for a couple days... Likely really slushy from the rain but we have good solid ice depths on Hyrum, Newton and Porcupine... so they should be fishable for a while yet even if it does start the melt out... Hopefully the cool down will come back to keep us fishing for a while yet... I have seen Cutler and Bear River open up and it's not recapping even on the cold snaps, so I expect the ice fishing there is shot for the year...  Porcupine was on and off for fish, it was good for the first hour then shut right down with no fish showing up on sonar... So I expect if you could stay on the fish they may keep biting, but I don't know where they went, my searching didn't find them... I have heard Hyrum is still fishing okay but sort of hitting the midwinter lulls...  Newton has been fishing okay, but I haven't heard of many decent sized fish out of there this year.  So I think all of those can get you on fish, but they may not be great fishing at this time of year... But if I get a chance I'll go try them again... Later J

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2019, 04:22 PM »
How far into Porky could you drive? I dont have a snowmachine, so ATV or four wheel drive is what I've got. Willing to snowshoe a distance as well.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:38 PM »
I haven't been up there since this last snow, so I'm not sure today, but worst case you can drive to bottom of damn and snowshoe up the road to the top of the damn, it's a couple blocks maybe half mile worst case.  Last time the snow cleared shortly (couple days) after, so within a few days I'm pretty sure you can drive to top of dam at a minimum, but most likely you can drive back in to the top of the reservoir as well, but this will be storm related and the closer to the storm, the tougher it will be to get in there.  I'm thinking with serval storms this week, it will be tough next weekend, but that's a total guess... Thinking about trying it Friday possibly myself, but not really sure what my plans will be yet... Good luck... Jeff

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2019, 12:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.