Author Topic: Ice Shanty Plan  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Yellow Belly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't horse 'em
Ice Shanty Plan
« on: Oct 15, 2003, 05:18 PM »
Howdy,

I am about to embark on a shanty building mission and I think this site is great for ideas.

I am wondering if anyone has built the shanty shown at http://rockvillefishandgame.tripod.com/huntingarticles/fishing/buildshanty.htm and if so, do you have any comments or sugesstions for making it lighter, better, etc.

It looks like a good design but its a little vague It shows a fold up floor but doesn't really detail how (or if) the tarp is supposed to attach to it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot!

Yellow Belly

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Re:Ice Shanty Plan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2003, 07:21 AM »
hey yellow belly. check out step # 5. it tells how to fasten the tarp. good luck with your project.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Yellow Belly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't horse 'em
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2003, 09:37 AM »
Thanks Himo,

The part I am confused about is that the guy who wrote the article says that the floor can be removed for shorter trips but if the tarp is stapled to it (the floor that is) how are you supposed to remove it?

And also, if the tarp is not stapled to the floor, won't the wind get up underneath and tear the hell out of it?

I am just wondering if anyone has built a shanty with a fold up floor and if they did it differently from this design. My brother built the shanty on the fishOntario site but that thing is heavy!!!

The leaves are falling fast and I'm looking forward to getting started on this shanty but I don't want to kick myself in the arse for missing an opportunity to make it better.

I will be pulling it by hand (the shanty that is) most of the time and around here it is about a mile and a half walk out to the best spots so I need it to be light as well.

Not asking too much eh?

Thanks again for the reply.

Yellow Belly

Jam_Jam

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2003, 05:15 PM »
You guys are bums!  Now ya got me thinking about building all kinds of shacks.  @$#^% just when I thought I'd spent all I could on fishing ;D  I've dreamed up a cheap lightweight design and if the prototype works out I'll try to post some plans.

Only about a month left and we'll be on the ice here in Alberta, Canada!  (knock on wood)

Hope sure hope everyone has as good a season as last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.