Author Topic: HT Magnetic Polar "Pop-Up" Tip-Up with Lighted Tube  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Perfect Hook Set

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A true Lie
HT Magnetic Polar "Pop-Up" Tip-Up with Lighted Tube
« on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:51 PM »
    * Patented freeze proof magnetic trip mechanism
    * Since there is no exposed line or trip mechanism, even a 50 mph wind can't trip the POP-UP accidentally because its sturdy 3 point suspension makes it stay put
    * Drifting snow simply can't plug the POP-UP'S trip mechanism because of its unique design
    * On hard strikes, the spool winder acts as a water brake to keep the spool from over-running and fouling up your line
    * The POP-UP'S specially designed spool winder lets you wind up your line easily anytime you want
    * Set the "adjustable tension" light for panfish, medium for walleye and heavy in deep water for lake trout and northern pike
    * There's no exposed flag to confuse you from a distance and the flag shaft is a bright fluorescent orange so you get a positive signal when a fish strikes
    * Lighted flag shaft tube helps to see tip-up during low light and night time fishing
    * The easy-to-grip knurled spool lock is designed for adjusting tension and for locking the spool when storing
    * The POP-UP is built out of space age plastic to take punishment while it stays lightweight and warm to the touch
    * Easy operation - simply unlock the cap, open the legs, unlock the spool and bait up
Next time you go to cwood let me know how many fish you didnt catch.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: HT Magnetic Polar "Pop-Up" Tip-Up with Lighted Tube
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:49 PM »
I dont own any, but I fished next to a guy with them, and he only had them for like a month, and a few of them you couldnt tell when there was a "flag" because the little pop up didnt go all the way up. They seem like a good design, but made with less than stellar parts. Just my take on them.

Offline mccabedoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: HT Magnetic Polar "Pop-Up" Tip-Up with Lighted Tube
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:46 PM »
I was looking at some of the reviews of this newer product and they were not positive. Poor construction seems to be the cause.

I have 10 of the OLD model, gray pop-up tip ups made (in the USA) by the Worth Company in Stevens Point, WI. They look as good now as they did 20+ years ago when I bought them (late 1980s). They require ZERO maintenance. They never freeze up nor have I ever gotten a wind flag. Ever. You can adjust the force needed to trip the tipup by moving the spool up and down (further and closer to the magnet) which is nice since I can use the same tipups for pike (10" suckers), lake trout (dead smelt) and salmon (3" minnow). The drag is nice too, especially for storage. I fully expect these to last my lifetime.

I do have a couple traditional, wooden tipups that I use for backups. These are so much slower to set up and bring in than the pop-ups. I dread using them when it is cold.

It's unfortunate (but not unexpected) that these are now made off shore and the quality has suffered.

Not that my review is relevant since what I have is not what is being made and sold now, but these were one helluva tipup back in the day. No wind flags, no freeze-ups and noboby running them over with snowmobiles when they could not see them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.