Author Topic: pine and stone lakes?  (Read 840 times)

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
pine and stone lakes?
« on: Jan 14, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Any heard info on pine and stone lakes yet?
"Fish on for me, Fish off for u"

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: pine and stone lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Ok guys I'm not looking for honey holes.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, do not know much about these two lakes other than just googling them.. Could somebody tell me is there good fishing at either place? I will do the leg work.. Just do not want to drive alot of miles to sit on a bucket & waste the gas.. Do these lakes have blue-gill & perch and if so are they good size & a good amount of them? Thanks for any info..

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Pine and stone are both good lakes. think stone is decent for perch and pine well about every thing else. lot of water though! little bit of help would be nice. I have never done well there on the ice (never put in much time though) but have done well spring summer.
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2012, 11:25 PM »
I have only fished Stone once through the ice but caught perch.  Not much size to them but did have steady action.  I have heard and seen pics of some nice one out through the ice just never made it back last winter got on some good gills on a couple other lakes and didn't move off them till ice out.

Pine have never fished it but also heard there are nice fish to catch if you can find them.  was going to try them again this year but lack of ice has definitely hurt that plan.

Offline icecrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No ICE No FISH No Fish No Fun
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Ok I have not fished stone threw the ice but I have pine if you know where the bathrooms by family express are on pine lake Dr park there and walk out about 75 yards there it drops from 6-8fow to about 18 fow and a lot of perch a steady bite.  Just be careful there is a warm water discharge just left of the dock  so stay on the right and you will be ok.   Not sure if there is ice there yet though.  Good luck  :tipup:

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:39 AM »
The ice on these lakes are not safe as of now. Maybe 1-1.5 ice with snow and slush on top. Caught a lot of small perch last year and some descent gills in there. Caught crappie in the spring but haven't found them in the winter. We are hoping to do a derby on these lakes on Jan. 28th but have  postpone date of Feb. 11th. Check this thread for the details, it will be a fun da http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=97935.0 Once I see some guys on the lake, I'll post it. It's like any lake you got to learn the spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.