Author Topic: Otter hitch adapter issue  (Read 720 times)

Offline KevinWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
Otter hitch adapter issue
« on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:28 PM »
I bought the otter universal hitch adapter for my otter sled and also the hitch pivot.

Been waiting awhile for the universal adapter from Cabelas as it was on backorder. Today it arrived and I installed it on the sled....went to install the pivot and it won't pivot....it hits the back plate and bolt heads.
Contacted Otter Outdoors and sent them photos... am waiting on a reply. 1st look the rep said the holes on the pivot may have been drilled in the wrong place...to me the universal adapter  hitch is too small. If it were a little bigger, it would pivot freely..   it binds right now....not sure what they are going to do.

Anyone have similar issue?

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
Re: Otter hitch adapter issue
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:14 PM »
if you had to, you could just cut just enough off the end there so it would pivot  ;)

Offline KevinWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2012, 05:40 PM »
yep, thought about that...if I screw it up, didn't want to void any warranty. 1/8" would do it, but that's a thin cut.

Offline KevinWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Otter hitch adapter issue (solved)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:23 PM »
After talking to them a second time, they still coudn't give me any answers other than "your sled is not designed for that setup" which I told them the sled had zero to do with the problem and also said there is nowhere that says my sled won't work with this application....

but anyway, I just ground a 1/16" off the end. Probably voided the warranty, but so be it. problem solved

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Could you just cut a 45 degree chunk off of the top to make it clear or grind the end round?

Paul

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:50 PM »
You should be good to go, glad it worked out. I just picked up the pivot hitch for my otter sled. They sure are hard to find around my parts.

boxcar

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I really doubt that you will need the warranty anyways.  if the 1/16 works then go with it, if you need more travel I would cut the top and bottom off at 45* or something like that to make it work better. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.