Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lazer auger blade sharpening  (Read 1246 times)

Offline bert29

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lazer auger blade sharpening
« on: Dec 01, 2014, 09:23 AM »
I currently have a Lazer 6" auger that is in need of getting the blades sharpened. Anyone out there do that?
I want to buy new pair of blades too, but like to have my originals sharpened so I have back up set too.
thanks

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Lazer auger blade sharpening
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:24 AM »
You could check with Polk City, they're an authorized Strikemaster service center. But, I will tell economically it makes more sense to buy new ones each time, its hard to get them back to that exact point and angle and for what it costs you get more out of a new set of blades.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:27 AM »

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:32 PM »
blade exchange! http://www.fish307.com/auger-blade-sharpening-exchange.aspx

I've done this they did an excellent job. Also if you get the $9 hand sharpener and touch up the blades after every trip they'll stay sharp unles you hit something and get a few nicks.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:47 PM »
I've done the fish307 blade exchange twice. Just be sure to include a note asking for swedish blades so you don't get someone's chinese by mistake. I'm pretty sure they throw the chinese ones away when they come in, but it doesn't hurt to make the shipping guy check twice.

Both times mine came back sharper than new and held an edge just as long as factory blades. So you might consider buying a pair locally or some place online and then sending your old ones in for sharpening to use as a backup.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2014, 09:25 PM »
I honestly beleive the blades larry @ polk city bait does to be better than new. Larry definitly has a touch for them.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Wkndbum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2014, 08:24 AM »
This place does a great job on Lazer blades http://www.omahaknifestore.com/ ($4 per blade) Located in the 84th  & Giles Road area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.