The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Back from the "GASH"  (Read 1387 times)

Offline allagashking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Back from the "GASH"
« on: Jan 06, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Just got back from camberlain lakenot bad fishing for the limited acsess we had ,chamberlain froze fiday befor new years but only 5 inches about 500 hundred to a thousand yards from trail.Round was froze about the same nobodie fished the east side didnt dare cross.Fished near camp the first two days ,then went north to smaller lake ,lucky us loggers were cutting in area got us whit in 2 and a half miles on snowmobile ride from lake last 200 ft of goat trail wasn't good but managed to fish untill thursday evening.friday fished chamberlain friday was sad :( :( rained after set up and most of day souded like someone left a faucet open thought i was fishing in march :'(.saw a least an inch of ice dissappear and all snow poared like u know what all friday nite.Oh buy the way my son and i did manage to catch 18 brookeis and ten tougue three whities ,kept none.Hopefully will frezee this week like to goo back this weekend.try to keep everyone posted on conditions :tipup:PS sorry if any mispells spell check no working lol.    ARNIE
arnie may your bait allways be under the ice.

Offline minnowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • waiting for the big behuba
Re: Back from the "GASH"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Saw a cool fishing show this morning--ice fishing Allagash w/Harry V.  They caught lots of decent pike and a couple of nice splake.  It looked like fun--I would like to try this ice fishing sport, too bad I live in the tropics ::)
when hell freezes over, I'll be icefishing there too!

Offline allagashking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2007, 02:26 PM »
no pike up there HOPE not must be mixed up.
arnie may your bait allways be under the ice.

Offline goneicefishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • bring on the ice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2007, 02:56 PM »
have not heard about pike being up there   muskie yes   but not pike   hoping he didnt know the difference between muskie and pike   that is the last thing that region needs is a bucket bioligist changing the fishery there
jared

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2007, 03:09 PM »
Saw a cool fishing show this morning--ice fishing Allagash w/Harry V.  They caught lots of decent pike and a couple of nice splake.  It looked like fun--I would like to try this ice fishing sport, too bad I live in the tropics ::)

I think that may have been one of the Belgrade lakes, not Chamberlain. I didn't see the show today, but it sounds like the one he made with Mike G.  :tipup:

Offline Mike G

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I think that may have been one of the Belgrade lakes, not Chamberlain. I didn't see the show today, but it sounds like the one he made with Mike G.  :tipup:
A friend called today and told me that show was back on.  It was not a pike in the allagash show!   :o :o  It was in Belgrade Lakes  ;D  Think COLD Thoughts!
Mike

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Hey allagashking,

I met a guy last weekend from Windsor that fishes Chamberlain every other weekend. He said they stay at the parking lot, thought you might know him.

Offline minnowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • waiting for the big behuba
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2007, 04:36 PM »
oops, my bad--I got confused when I saw ice
when hell freezes over, I'll be icefishing there too!

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2007, 04:49 PM »

oops, my bad--I got confused when I saw ice

Everybody's delirious right now.   ;D

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:48 PM »
glad to see you guys got some fish there arnie! let me know the next time you go up. ill try to meet you there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.