The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Maine pike management program ?  (Read 4746 times)

Offline goneicefishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • bring on the ice
Re: Maine pike management program ?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2006, 08:58 PM »
yea thats right i agree with all of you    oh are we talking about pike? ::)
jared

Offline TroutKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2006, 09:26 AM »
Well, I can see nothing has really changed since last year here on IS, except that the debate has started almost a month before opening day. I always have an issue with this subject on this forum, as there are so many people who are both for and against pike protection. I do not really want to engage in the debate, but for the last two years, I have been drawn into it. I guess I will make one statement, and try vehemently to resist future posts on the subject.

My .02 is...I don't think we really need any regulations on northern pike in the state of Maine. Pike were illegally introduced in the 1970s and they thrived (that's an understatement) for quite some time before reg. were placed on them. As the pike report noted, birth rates are very high for this species, and obviously, they have done quite well over the years. What's the point in regulation if you don't need it?

TK

Offline jelliott

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 5 lb + largemouth on 4 lb test leader 2007
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2006, 06:50 AM »
pike are useless fish all they do is eat and eat some more they are know fun to catch because u need steel cables for leaders and they eat all the fish that are fun to catch if i get one its dead

Offline jelliott

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 5 lb + largemouth on 4 lb test leader 2007
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2006, 08:14 AM »
i guess theonly reason why i hate them is because of jerks who illeagaly stock them. u may have heard the story last year about mosher pond in fayette, well that pond feeds the pond across from my house so they may have in fested that whole area i dont know.  in any case now i want to try and fish them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.